Has the physics been updated in Grid Autosport?

Many months ago, I tried to play it using my logitech DFGT, but the cars tended to slide and oversteer all over the place. I tried the game last night, using the Thrustmaster T300 and the cars drove so much better than I remember....much more controllable.

I've got the same problem, rebuilt my rig in January, I've just put Grid back on to have a few races, it just doesn't see the wheel (T500), the only control options in Control Preset are Keyboard and Keyboard (Azerty), it doesn't pick up any input from the wheel at all?

Reply from Codemasters

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Grid Autosport.

This version of the game does not officially support Windows 10, so we are limited in the support we can provide unfortunately. However as long as all your hardware has Windows 10 compatible drivers, and meets or exceeeds the minimum requirements of the game, you should be able to get it to run. We also recommend verifying the integrity of the game cache as detailed on the following link:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

We have no plans for a Windows 10 patch, at the current time I'm afraid.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services

The game doesn't even work in Win7 Compat mode for me. Quite a few people have reported this on Steam Community and Codies Forum and it not only effects Thrustmasters but also G25\27 and others, so well done to Codies for doing absolutely Jack Sh!t to fix your game, much appreciated :mad:

I don't mind Grid Autosports, however I feel with a wheel it feels as though the car pivots from the centre when you turn, it's a bizarre feeling when trying to drive. With a controller it's fine, but with a wheel, I can't get a decent feeling out of it. Even the F1 series drive nicely (albeit, unrealistically, but they don't have that pivoting sensation I get from Autosports).

Anyone ever wondered about torque and hp curves of cars?
any modder thant wants a dyno for ctf files?
HERE YOU ARE!
i just made a simple excel car dyno
there are 2 sheets.
1)in fe 1st sheet u put the horsepower of the power list.it can read up to .00 or else comes with an error so modify like 18642.4961 to 18642.49 u just pase it (right click paste options values (123 icon)) and u have a dyno chart
2)the 2nd sheet is similar but u enter the torque instead of hp(kw) and the kw come aytomatically lets say if u want to mod a car i also have some gear ratios list torque automated curve list and hp automated curve list where u have to put the starting number and change rate number

Attachments

• !horsepower automation ladder.xlsx
    35.6 KB · Views: 237
Honestly at this point, I wish Codemasters should've implemented Steam Workshop to their game without the hassle of trying to get modded liveries to work, only to find out that the game itself will not recognize any of the liveries from different models, despite the correct instructions given. And no, the game didn't crash, but it failed to recognize the modded livery in the folder and instead only recognizes the original livery. And yes, this is on PC version too. Anyone else finding this issue as well, and if so, is there any workaround to make the game recognize modded liveries?

Last edited:
20170207193612_1.jpg

This is the result.

Grid Autosport for iOS .png

Codemasters have confirmed GRID Autosport will be made available for iOS as soon as this coming Spring.

The British developers have confirmed the full title and all DLC will be making the switch over to iOS, and will feature tilt and touch controls to deliver an "irresistible mix of simulation and arcade handling direct to your iPad and iPhone". If tilt and touch controls are not your thing, the game will also be compatible with MFi controllers that allow the use of a more conventional controller option similar to standard consoles.

If the port to iOS by Feral Interactive is to contain the original content from GRID as promised in the announcement then the "new" game should contain 22 unique locations, including some of the top international tracks in the world and over 80 unique cars.

GRID Autosport for iOS features contain:
  • Buy once, race forever – Get the full game and its entire, enormous collection of DLC in one purchase.
  • Master five different racing styles – Compete across the different disciplines Take on aggressive pack racing in Touring Cars, manage your tyre wear in all-night Endurance events, demonstrate your car control in Drift competitions, perfect your finesse and precision in Open-Wheel races, and react on the fly in Street Races.
  • Huge range of cars – Unleash the raw speed of the McLAREN 12C GT3, DALLARA F312, MAZDA RX-7 (FD3S) DRIFT TUNED, AUDI RS 5 COUPE, PAGANI ZONDA REVOLUCIÓN, and 75 other high-performance motors.
  • Immense track content – Race across a fantastic range of 22 locations offering over 100 routes, with a wide variety of Classic, Modern, and City Tracks including Hockenheim, Yas Marina and San Francisco.
  • Best in class controls – Use the touch-screen interface to navigate the game and control your car. Use your screen as a steering wheel ortake advantage of full MFi gamepad support.

Just to remind you of the original title, check out the announcement trailer from the PC release back in 2014 below:

Codemasters GRID Autosport will be released for iOS devices Spring 2017.

Check out the GRID franchise sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discuss the game series with fellow community members.

Will you be interest in purchasing GRID Autosport on iOS once it releases later in the year? What are you opinions of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back