GRID Autosport GRID Autosport - FOV & Eyefinity

This guide show's you how to setting up the configuration for the Override Cameras Control system that is used to fix the vehicle interactive cameras settings for Eyefinity and FOV ! The configuration contains one Camera Adjustment for each supported view type. This setting change all vehicle camera position ( fov and eyefinity ) incluide the DLC vehicles !

F52A9AF9B5F2804DCB4787D312B2F843B102EEB1

Eyefinity camera control configuration Guide

This xml contains the configuration for the OverrideCamerasControl system that is used to fix the vehicle interactive cameras settings for Eyefinity.

The configuration contains one CameraAdjustment for each supported view type.
The configuration can also be specified by type and camera name.
A camera adjustment have the basic parameters applyable to a viewport:
  1. - Fov : type float : the angle that describes the field of view of the camera.
  2. - Position : type vector3 : the camera source position offset percentage, added to the original camera source position.
  3. - Target : type vector3 : the camera target offset percentage, added to the original camera target offset. Available only on chase camera views.
  4. - Orientation : type vector3 : the camera orientation adjustment percentage described using yaw, pitch and roll angles. Available only on mounted camera views.
Enable Eyefinity - Hardware Settings Config
Eyefinity is mostly used on 3x Screen setup , but this works fine on a single monitor to increase your FOV ( Field of View ). To enable the Eyefinity you have to find 2 files , hardware_settings_config.xml and eyefinity_cameras_adjustments.xml !

The ( hardware_settings_config ) is located in:

C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\My Games\GRID Autosport\hardwaresettings

Once you found it , open it in notepad and search for this:

<eyefinity force="" osd="" />

You can force a few eyefinity modes , which will enable the other xml file to work, so you can override your FOV.

Put one of these in the force="X" bit , and the "p" means portrait :

"3x1", "5x1", "3x2", "3x1p", "5x1p", "3x2p"

For one screen i recommended to use exactly this one:

<eyefinity force="3x1p" osd="" />

After you have added the "3x1p" to force eyefinity to be enabled save the hardware_settings_config file and close your notepad. If you want the HUD squashing into the middle third, pick 3x1, otherwise you probably want 3x1p. Then you can edit that other file for your FOV !

Notice: You can turn of this setting when ever you like. You just have to remove the 3x1p from your hardware_settings_config file and thats it. If you like to turn it ON again, just add again the 3x1p to force the eyefinity setting to be enabled and all of your setting will be there again.

Let's move to next step !

Eyefinity Cameras Adjustments
Now we have to find the eyefinity_cameras_adjustments.xml and open it in the notepad to.
This file is located in your Autosport game folder.
Find your steam folder where you actually have it installed and go to this location:

SteamApps\common\GRID Autosport\cars\generics

In the Generics folder is the eyefinity_cameras_adjustments.xml , open it in notepad , and there you are. You will see now a fev tipes of cams , those cams are actually the fev diferent cams that you have ingame , also Mounted , Chase , Head Dash , Head Cam ( Cockpit ) , and reverse cams.

Notices: Changing this will automaticaly change it on all car ( YES = On DLC car's to )

Now you can play around this xml file and try to setup to your likenes , you are available also to change now the FOV of the Cams , Position , Tilt, Orientation.

When you are done , save the file and join your game to see the changes. Remember , your game have to be turned off when you change something in this file , becouse those new changes will just be used when the game starts.

Customized Eyefinity & FOV Cameras
To save your time for the first , here is actually the settings what im using now , and it fits perfectly to my usages on a 22 inch monitor with a 1680x1050 resolution.

Also remember to enable the Eyefinity by your self like in the step one by forcing the "3x1p" in the hardware_settings_config.xml file of GRID Autosport.

Download my customized eyefinity cameras adjustments and replace it with the original.
I recommende make a backup of the original if you don't like this one so you can edit all by your self.

314C37393D783C7B1CAA9AF63685155B7E5EEC6F

D9ABB7FD3CE671D5A9D5F985F7B442882B1B84DA

F2FF4F2383959E77C3A2507DBBF1219730CFAFD7

E5279CF1ABFC61E44BA3E36BF71C7488DACCF280

B22ECF4E9F7893C3682D644055A13892DCED9438

8DCD0EFBD4B31DCC5F95EC603480F9673BFF2A3D

Can i get Banned using this ?
No , you will not get banned if you are using this setting tweacks , there are apsolutely no risk , Loore have aproved this , and we have the green light to using this

Well if you think you got what you actually searched for , rating and favorite this guide is something like ( Thank you ) , i'm really happy to found out finally to have all cams the same way incluiding the DLC car's too as no of the Camera Mod's that exist for now , does not change the DLC car's.

Download Customized Settings
Update 22.09.2014 - Eyefinity Cameras Adjustments

If you messed up your file you can download here the original backup file.
Download Original Backup - Eyefinity Cameras Adjustments

Last edited:
nice find but 3x1p won`t be to best setting for most I guess .. since it makes you go wider which is oposite to where most people probably wants to go .. let say it was 70 deg, you made it 90 deg, typical setting for one screen would be 35-45 deg ... but whatever suit you best .. of course .. :)

Adding 3x1p in the hardware_settings_config tha's located in my documents does only let the game read the file eyefinity_cameras_adjustments.xml that is located in the root of autosport. everyone can adjust it now how every they like in this file. in this guide i added 3x1p becouse it works on a single monitor and i have tested it on my own single monitor with a 1680x1050 ( 16:10 ) resolution , and this Customized Settings actually mostly fit to that screen now .

if you only add 3x1p without to tweack the eyefinity_cameras_adjustments.xml file it will feels like it's a little bit zoomed in ( on all camera's ) , but you have now the option in that file to increase the FOV , setup the camera positions for all types, moving them forward , backward , up , down , left or right.

For now , this solution fit to me better than any cam mod that is out so far , i just hade lost a bit time to tweack it all and to find a nice setting that fits to all cars.

And , this solution is the only one where you actually are available to change DLC cars cam.

nice find but 3x1p won`t be to best setting for most I guess .. since it makes you go wider which is oposite to where most people probably wants to go .. let say it was 70 deg, you made it 90 deg, typical setting for one screen would be 35-45 deg ... but whatever suit you best .. of course .. :)

Great !!! I have tried this solution and it works very well, the view in chase car mode (the view i prefer) is better than standard, and allows to see more road ahead. And the sensation of speed is fantastic. And yes, it works with ALL cars, DLC's cars included.
One question : is there a better eyefinity_cameras_adjustments.xml params for a 16/9 monitor ?

Many thanks !!!!

Also my setting is for a 16:10 sreen , but you can ask if someone like to share his own settings with you that have edited it for a 16:9 screen.

Try here: http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315311518
or here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/255220/discussions/0/616188473137698952/#p2

Great !!! I have tried this solution and it works very well, the view in chase car mode (the view i prefer) is better than standard, and allows to see more road ahead. And the sensation of speed is fantastic. And yes, it works with ALL cars, DLC's cars included.
One question : is there a better eyefinity_cameras_adjustments.xml params for a 16/9 monitor ?

Many thanks !!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years