GRID Autosport Camera Mods

GRID Autosport GRID Autosport Camera Mods 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is the installer supposed to crash once and launch itself twice each time?

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/grid-autosport-camera-mods.2658/updates

"Update v1.1 Added a new installer, The mod app now installs itself into the GRID Autosport directory and places shortcuts to your desktop. There is no need to run setup.exe each time you want to change mods and you can delete the rar and setup.exe downloaded from here if you wish."

Just to clarify, when you run setup.exe you are installing the Camera Mods exe into the games directory. Once that is completed it will show 2 options at the end, which are "open the read me file" and "open the Camera Mods exe" that has just been installed. If you press "Finish" with both boxes ticked the read me will open and so will the mods installer. You should also have 2 shortcuts on the desktop one to open the mod installer and one to open the read me.

Last edited:
1 question can anyone tell me what line actually raises the camera is it...."tiltDistance" type="scalar" value="1.0000" />??.... as i would like to edit the height and raise it a bit more on all the cars,is there a quick way of doing this or does each 1 have to be done manually.

i already have the agenthex mod but its still not high enough

thanks in advance :)

Love the Mod. Makes the game playable, but it doesnt seem to work when the Ravenwest White Livery is used. And it doesnt work at all on the SLS AMG Coupe Black Series.

I have found that bug too, when i was racing online with mod (version 1.4 and older).
In rare cases mod don't work. I remember that it was not working at all when driving Indycar at some tracks (not every track).

I'll try to screenshot this bug next time when it will happens with Indycar, so we can find out trackname. and maybe AgentX will try to reproduce bug in custom race by himself.

P.S.: I remember that there was the same problem in GRID2 with Corvet Z06 car at some tracks, in rare cases. Usually. the solution was to go to racenet challenge, change livery to stock, race, and AgentX's modification starts to work again in online.
I've tried to investigate what disrupts the work of camera mod, but can't understand what exactly causes that siutation, except some tracks that triggers that bug. (and why only Corvete Z06 is exposed)

@AgentHeX 0007: Thank you for your amazing work! :thumbsup:

I have found that bug too, when i was racing online with mod (version 1.4 and older).
In rare cases mod don't work. I remember that it was not working at all when driving Indycar at some tracks (not every track).

I have also had this Indycar bug. I am trying to keep a record as to which cars have issues.

Last edited:
PC version of Grid AS. I downloaded cam mod v1.3 AgentHex. Now no matter what I try, i have stupid driver side cam (exterior). Can someone help me ? I have uninstalled @ least ten times with no results. I just want the old cam views back. Help an old man out.

He we go: 2014-07-22_00005.jpg 2014-07-22_00004.jpg

Indycar on Indianapolis oval, and on Hockenheimring = not working mod.

Saw that bug two hours ago, when i was racing online playlist open wheel discipline.
Unfortunately, i was unable to reproduced that situation in custom single race with settings mentioned above.
I'll look further.

Last edited:
Seems that mod doesn't work with Indycar at all tracks when you playing online random playlist open wheel discipline.

(haven't tried yet custom online cup on Indycar, maybe it's affected too)

Good news.
I've tried to install another mod version "No GJ, No PA, NoLag with 2.1 Cam Height" and Indycar works good when playing online playlist!

All my previous attempts was made with my favorite mod version: "No GJ, No PA, No SFX, NoLag with 2.3 cam height".

Seems that Indycar have problems not with all versions of mod.

hmm, could be an error somewhere in the file. Anyone want to chip in and find the error?

v2.0 is on its way. Kinda busy with work atm so testing and adjusting is taking longer than expected. I have added some new things ;)

Last edited:
Also for the guy having install troubles.

In an emergency you can run the cam mod installer and then when asked for the games directory point it to a made up temporary directory. eg. C:\my grid cams temp\
Then select restore default cameras. The default cameras files should all install to the temporary directory that you made. You can then copy them from there over to the games install directory manually.

If that does not work, i am pretty sure some other mod packs on here will come with the default cameras in the download.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back