Greedy? How about a simple thank you!

To Everyone at RD who makes this what it is.....
A massive thank you, you all work so hard in what you do with little thanks.

I have had a little play at making .Bik but that is as far as it goes with me, I rely on ML2166 for his great cars, Kristiannn for his stuff spesh his AI mod. That is just to name 2, I do DL from others so a big TY to them also.

Keep up the fantastic work.

@kristiannn you will be shocked to know that the average RD user is 30 plus years old :)

I'm below average. \o/

On-topic: it's sad but true, mankind nowadays is more about "GIMME GIMME GIMME" than thinking twice about

1) what it means for other peopleif you have something
2) that they might be happy to share in exchange for a small gesture of kindness

We can't enforce saying thanks but keep in mind: you'd appreciate a small gesture as well if you'd put so much time into this kind of stuff.

It's always nice to get a thank you or at least a "Like". Nevertheless, I'm used to it, that the majority wants to download a file without saying some kind words. For me, it's okay.

What really annoys me is when some people

1. Don't care about permissions (even though I allow everyone to use my files for a new project, if they respect the following point)
2. Don't credit the author and - more worse - claim someone's else work as their own
3. Don't request a file but demand it. Yeah, as if we don't have a real life.

Just my two cents...

People just downloads the file and doesn't even "like" or comment to say thanks. Recently, a lot of people is asking for requests of cars or helmets, still if the modder is saying that he's full of work, they will keep asking for them, not even saying please or when you got time, it's like, do this helmet for me. I think that it's about the people. In the previous forum it wasn't all like that, there was more kindness and people recognized the work that a modder did. I think that if this continues like that, modders are gonna stop modding, since they get more comments like "it doesn't work" rather than thanks, great job, but you should take a look at..."

People just downloads the file and doesn't even "like" or comment to say thanks. Recently, a lot of people is asking for requests of cars or helmets, still if the modder is saying that he's full of work, they will keep asking for them, not even saying please or when you got time, it's like, do this helmet for me. I think that it's about the people. In the previous forum it wasn't all like that, there was more kindness and people recognized the work that a modder did. I think that if this continues like that, modders are gonna stop modding, since they get more comments like "it doesn't work" rather than thanks, great job, but you should take a look at..."
Absolutely the Modder looses his interest in creating Mod and if so then there won't be any exciting upgrades for the game

Just saw this on Facebook and I hate to admit it but Stacy is totally right and finally speaks out of a trend in this community that I also not like!

It seems nowadays that taking is very normal but a tiny thank you is too much to ask for.

Downloading in itself is a big enough "thank you". Directly asking for them (as a creator) is as selfish and pathetic as not thanking the creator (as a mere requester).

Mind you, I always do it, even when the end result is intentionally disrespectful to the requester.

Downloading in itself is a big enough "thank you". Directly asking for them (as a creator) is as selfish and pathetic as not thanking the creator (as a mere requester).

Mind you, I always do it, even when the end result is intentionally disrespectful to the requester.
I disagree with you. Downloading isn't really like a "thank you". Would you like to post a livery, with 300 downloads, and just people asking you to update it, getting asked to do requests so frequently and not getting a comment saying "thanks for the work"? Im sure noone would like this, when I download something, I always "like" the post, then I test the modd, and then I comment.

I personally appreciate all the works that modders do from Car Liveries
AI and the simple changes done to track updates.
I apologize if I have not been more vocal.
MOdders Thank You

I do visit a lot of threads but only say thanks if I actually download. Hopefully not too many modders are discouraged by the lack of appreciation.

I really hope we can announce our new resource manager soon so all uploads are displayed in a nice way (just like in the past) and where there is room to review and rank each upload.

Hate to see creative modders leave because some people are getting too lazy to even click a thank you button or post a simple reply to show they are grateful for the work others do for them.

who's working on it Bramos?

The Modder's won't beg any thing for any thing
Saying Thank you for helping some is a good thing and it was lacking here
The Present Situation is Like :
If the some one Needs some thing and after he get it he say's i got the thing i wanted and that's it to the Person he Helped for
God Bless People with this kind of attitude

Yes. I don't see how begging for "thank you" posts is anything other than attention whoring. It's something I see very many "artists" do lately, and it disgusts me greatly.
Says the 17 year old with four posts and nothing to share here before except mod requests. Still a lot to learn in life m8.

The only that could be considered disgusting are such posts with a total lack of respect towards the people that do all the hard work for MANY out there.

Yes. I don't see how begging for "thank you" posts is anything other than attention whoring. It's something I see very many "artists" do lately, and it disgusts me greatly.

Thank you simply means that you appreciate the work the modder has put in for a certain mod. If you don't appreciate anything - remove your registration and etc. You don't have a place here. People like you shouldn't have even access to the internet. Attention whoring? Do you even know what this means? I love to see when someone appreciates my work. You don't even know how much time a person have to waste for a mod. I could just say to myself "why should I release it? I spend 3 weeks to make this and now I just share it for free? no way!".. But I shared it. A lot of other people shared their mods. I actually made the AI mod firstly for myself, then I decided to share it. I wanted everyone to feel happy with the AI. If you don't appreciate what everyone around here has done... Good bye... I don't even want to imagine what a person you are in real life. Some people just have to go to a military school... They need to be reeducated!

Thank you simply means that you appreciate the work the modder has put in for a certain mod. If you don't appreciate anything - remove your registration and etc. You don't have a place here. People like you shouldn't have even access to the internet. Attention whoring? Do you even know what this means? I love to see when someone appreciates my work. You don't even know how much time a person have to waste for a mod. I could just say to myself "why should I release it? I spend 3 weeks to make this and now I just share it for free? no way!".. But I shared it. A lot of other people shared their mods. I actually made the AI mod firstly for myself, then I decided to share it. I wanted everyone to feel happy with the AI. If you don't appreciate what everyone around here has done... Good bye... I don't even want to imagine what a person you are in real life. Some people just have to go to a military school... They need to be reeducated!
Chill mate Leave that kid ....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back