1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured 'Gravel' Pre Order Brings Porsches Aplenty

Discussion in 'Gravel' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +14,005
    Gravel Pre Order.jpg
    With new Milestone racer Gravel due to release this February, the Italian developers have revealed two "new" Porsche models pre order specials...

Featuring official licences for some iconic rally cars past and present, various different and unique gameplay options, UE4 graphics and what appears to be a fast and action packed gameplay experience, Gravel looks to be shaping up nicely ahead of its release to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC debut this February 27th.

To get players in the mood Milestone have confirmed some nice pre order bonus content will be coming to the title, namely the Porsche Rallye Pack DLC, adding the iconic 1981 924 GTS Rallye and the 1986 variant of the 959. Something a bit different and rarely seen in modern racing games.

To whet the appetite, check out the pre-order release trailer below:

Gravel is available to pre-order now.

For more in game footage of the upcoming new Milestone title, check out this footage of the Wild Rush mode in a snowy Montebianco. Fans of 90's era WRC may well be familiar with this little beauty on stage in the below video...

Gravel will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC February the 27th, 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Will you be pre ordering Gravel? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Denis E.

Denis E.

Ratings:
    +42
    Sorry, but after my bad experience with Ride:Game, i never pre-order for anythink from Milestone and i think twice before buy anything from Milestone after release

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. lokid

lokid

Ratings:
    +49
    these are the guys that suppert a game for like two patches

er no thanks

move along nothing to see here

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +459
    Hmmm....no...not my cup of tea....but I will watch others play it on You Tube.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter

Ratings:
    +140
    Never ever pre order, not even from trusted developers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mark Ratzenbacher

Mark Ratzenbacher
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    We know this is a kids game with no simulation value, right ?
    Why is it even featured on Racedepartment ?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss

Ratings:
    +76
    No; only fools preorder - look at the fools who preordered PCars 2

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. AntoN_CheZ

AntoN_CheZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +81
    After 3 hours trying all sorts of ways to get multiple copies of Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo to work with more than 1 input device I decided that the only way Milestone get me to try anything from them again is if they reimburse me for my 3 hours. No thanks. That game cost me 6 bucks on Steam sale and I refunded it. Not for the money but out of disgust at the time wasted and frustration incurred. I refuse to have that title on my hard drive.

/rant

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ole Andreasen

Ole Andreasen
    Hey... wait up! Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    A sliding fan's wet dream judging from the video. Thank God I am not a sliding fan. It IS Milestone we a talking about here.

No thanks.

10. jimortality

jimortality

Ratings:
    +972
    Shut up you silly man

• Like Like x 5
  11. Rhian

Rhian

Ratings:
    +11
    Ah yes, nothing gets me in the mood like a token pre-order bonus - Think i'll pass pre-ordering anything by Milestone.

12. Furious Panda

Furious Panda

Ratings:
    +16
    Where's the power ups on the track and the 10 ft nitros flames shooting out the exhaust and the race announcer saying "yo dude, your totally rad" ? Gravel...more like drivel

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +459
    Although I have not had /played any games from Milestone and will not pre-order as my post above....I would however, have no problem pre-ordering Reiza Studios next Sim, even if they had another crowdfunding scheme, but this time I would get a higher tier amount and give them more money. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss

Ratings:
    +76

Yeah and leave your stupid comments in your pocket!

• Haha Haha x 2
  15. Nick Gregory

Nick Gregory
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +549
    Gotta love seeing PCars 2 hate, especially on something not even relating to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ken Bell

Ken Bell
    Premium

Ratings:
    +158
    I certainly wont be buying it. It looks like a console game, esp. with external view. Don't know if it has cockpit view but, err, a big no.

17. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,172
    This is just a hate thread come on guys we all know Milestone games rule and that is exactly how long the support last , 1 mile until you hit a stone then you are on your own!

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. Ilya Malyuev

Ilya Malyuev

Ratings:
    +103
    It seems like people forgot what is the real fun in racing-related arcade games. Driving like on rails, on any surface and having occasional boom boom with walls/other cars, where is the fun in all that? Looking at gameplay with those rally cars, it looks like it could be any of modern smartphone games, just with better graphics. I see why most of casual people think racing games are boring.

I mean with all those modern resources, with all this open world that they create for this title. Just bring 1nsane-alike physics and driving model (might be not that advanced as BeamNG, that is over the top), and 1nsane game modes. Like capture the flag, king of the hill, conquer the most amount of the gates first. That is where fun was. Even nowadays I would rather play that title with prehistoric graphics and stuttering on modern pc's, just because the fun factor is waaaaaaaaaay higher. Isn't that what "game" is supposed to be?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andrew

Andrew
    Out of my mind! Back in five minutes. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,912
    [​IMG]

20. GMcA_74

GMcA_74

Ratings:
    +27
    Sometimes I like to be filthy casual, and games like this have a place.

Although, after my Aliens Colonial Marines experience, I'll never pre order anything again!

But certainly one to add to the watch list!

• Like Like x 1