PC1 Graphics too bright in most environments?

I have always found pCars graphics to be on the very bright side compared to my other games.,

For instance, on many tracks even at 4:00pm the asphalt in the road is actually bright white. Then as you drive closer you start seeing some textures and it darkens a bit,, but the only time a day when I get decent road colors is if I start the race/practice a bit before sunset and keep the time real.

At noon everything looks like I am in death valley and I forgot my sunglasses.

I also tried to play with the "Exposure compensation (Alt-page-up/alt-page-down but that does absolutely nothing.

is there maybe a setting I have messed with that is causing this? I am running blook, and most other effects like that off.

Thanks.

Thanks guys, I didn't want to post at the WMD forum as things like this one can be touch and go.

Most definitely, there is some setting that makes anything between 10am and 5pm look like the road is really bright. But if I choose "overcast" then I can see perfectly all day.

The British tracks don't seem to suffer from this, but the early tracks, like Road America in the sun look totally white instead of asphalt unless I race really late in the day or with overcast settings.

Glad to hear I am not the only one though. Tx.

I prefer to set the lighting in Mostly Cloudy or Overcast as I don't like the white-out aspects of full sun conditions. Assetto Corsa lighting is quite the same and I turn down the exposure quite a lot with that as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back