graphics setup ?

Hi
i have recently started playing racing games again after 5 years
could anyone tell me if my graphics card and ram are ok ?
what settings should i use on rf2 as its not great and i was hoping to
practice lemans
looking forward to your help
cheers

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHz 40 °C
Clarkdale 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Acer Predator G5900 (CPU 1) 59 °C
Graphics
UMC SHARP (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (NVIDIA) 33 °C
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1ER162 (SATA ) 31 °C
465GB Seagate ST3500418AS (SATA ) 35 °C
465GB Hitachi HTS547550A9E384 USB Device (USB (SATA) )
Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

I spotted this posted by rshock on Discord earlier,
"Exit rF2 completely, open your player.json file in Notepad, find and set -> Opponent detail: 0, Opponent Texture Override: 3. Save the file.
This way you'll have low opponent car geometry, but sharp textures. This technique got me huge savings regarding performance, while the visuals stay in the same ballpark."

He can't afford textures at 3 with 2GB 660Ti. He'll probably have issues even with textures at low. Especially on Le Mans, which is very texture hungry.

It's a very low end setup by today's standards. Pretty weak CPU, very weak GPU, not a lot of RAM. It will be a challenge to get it running acceptably IMO.

He can't afford textures at 3 with 2GB 660Ti. He'll probably have issues even with textures at low. Especially on Le Mans, which is very texture hungry.

It's a very low end setup by today's standards. Pretty weak CPU, very weak GPU, not a lot of RAM. It will be a challenge to get it running acceptably IMO.

Hi what would you recommend that's not going to cost a fortune ?
will my motherboard be ok ?
or what should i do ?
cheers

@Dave Dean I would recommend getting some data to know what you're dealing with, what performance do you get, how much your CPU is limiting you, how much the GPU is...all that. Otherwise it's just like reading a crystal ball.

I personally wouldn't put much money into upgrading this setup, regardless of options. You're unlikely to be able to upgrade the CPU enough to be worth it, even if it would be possible, since for that, you'd need a MB upgrade as well, which also means RAM upgrade...

You might be able to upgrade your GPU, which would help with performance, but it depends on other things and again, even if it would be physically possible, first you need to know if it's even worth it.

Hi Dave,
I been in the business a very long time so make do with what you have and don't invest into your old system other than maybe a updated GPU that you could use in your new future system. This will help your low Ram issue but the old CPU will bottleneck. :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.8%