Graphics Settings - CSP+SOL - HP Reverb G2+RTX 3080 - AMD FidelityFX?

After disappointing VR appearance and performance with my initial attempt at installing AC (and then subsequently uninstalling it), I am trying again with more gusto, but it feels a bit overwhelming given all the graphics options, especially when adding CSP+SOL into the mix. Given AC's popularity, I am hoping someone can suggest a good starting point given an HP Reverb G2 and RTX 3080. The only nuance I've come across so far is that I should set AA to x16 in Nvidia control panel and then off in AC. I am sure there are many other tweaks. Curious if someone has solid settings they can share, along with any other tweaks (like using AMD FidelityFX), to get the best out of AC in VR. Thanks for any help you can spare!

Last edited:
I run AC on my system (i9 10850k 64gig and a 2070super) with my g2. Yes NCP (nvidia control panel) does anistropic filtering a lot more efficiently than AC does on the whole. I run the latest SOL, CSP with natural filter (which is highly optimised for VR and get a very nice looking 55-60fps at 100% supersampling in steam. I'd seriuosly look at Andrew_WOT's VR guide on here, just do a search and it'll pop up. Unfortunately there's no one stop fix for great performance or appearence as with most things VR it's a balancing act of the two, so you'll spend days and days fiddling with settings in CSP to get the best balance.
AC gfx settings.jpg

AC CSP settings.jpg

That, is what my basic settings look like. Ignore the 114fps, as that's for single screen replay stuff with reshade running and everything else maxed out not VR. That being said with a grid of 25 cars on oulton park I can get 58-68fps with that, When you introduce things like rain, halve the frame rate you get as it takes a major hit in the wet. Hope this helps out

Last edited:
Today I ran FidelityFX at Ultra and Sharpen set to Auto with Steam SS set to 150% fixed to 60fps and it looks stunning. The distant mountains are now awesome on LAC. Finally the full resolution of the G2 can be had in AC running 20 cars in the dry. It is a game changer, like buying the next gen GPU.
Try turning off Post Proccessing Effects, turning off Post Proccessing Anti-Aliasing, turning off FXAA, set reflections and shadows to 1024, crank Steam SS up to 150% for a 3080 (or whatever your GPU can handle) and let me know what you think. ;)

Last edited:
did u liked it better this time @Chipless?
im soon to build a new pc, but debating if i can afford the 3090 or 3080 ti. Perhaps with FidelityFx and a regular 3080 will be enough?... just in it for the immersion and not for online competative driving.

did u liked it better this time @Chipless?
im soon to build a new pc, but debating if i can afford the 3090 or 3080 ti. Perhaps with FidelityFx and a regular 3080 will be enough?... just in it for the immersion and not for online competative driving.

I got sucked into tweaking the visuals of AMS2, so I haven't booted up AC in a while now. I will report back when I get a chance. I doubt the cost of the 3090 or the 3080Ti is justified over the base 3080, but then again I am not certain what current prices are. I was lucky enough to get my 3080 in the Newegg Shuffle at MSRP. Whatever you can get at the most reasonable price is probably the best move.

Thanks for the input here. It was invaluable and I will update more when I can.

Today I ran FidelityFX at Ultra and Sharpen set to Auto with Steam SS set to 150% fixed to 60fps and it looks stunning. The distant mountains are now awesome on LAC. Finally the full resolution of the G2 can be had in AC running 20 cars in the dry. It is a game changer, like buying the next gen GPU.
Try turning off Post Proccessing Effects, turning off Post Proccessing Anti-Aliasing, turning off FXAA, set reflections and shadows to 1024, crank Steam SS up to 150% for a 3080 (or whatever your GPU can handle) and let me know what you think. ;)
I also use a G2 and have been trying to lock 60fps at max visual settings. And have gotten to a place I'm happy with locked in at 60, but visuals of distant fences/reflections are blurry and shimmer at distance.

So your running lower in game resolutions, and supersampling to 150 in steam VR slider? Fidelity FX turned on CSP?

Have you ever messed with the LOD slider to bring up world detail in graphics settings. I've messed with it a bit and set at 2lod and was impressed. And still stayed locked fps.

Thanks, so many settings here to worry about.

I also use a G2 and have been trying to lock 60fps at max visual settings. And have gotten to a place I'm happy with locked in at 60, but visuals of distant fences/reflections are blurry and shimmer at distance.

So your running lower in game resolutions, and supersampling to 150 in steam VR slider? Fidelity FX turned on CSP?

Have you ever messed with the LOD slider to bring up world detail in graphics settings. I've messed with it a bit and set at 2lod and was impressed. And still stayed locked fps.

Thanks, so many settings here to worry about.
I was interested to see how far I could push the supersampling in Hot Lap mode as in Steam the SS defaults to 150% and I was interested what it would look like.
In the end I've settled on AMD FidelityFX turned on and set to Ultra Quality / Very Low Sharpening and further down the same page Post Processing Anti Aliasing set to Nvidia FXAA 3.11 at Max and on the Assetto Corsa Video Settings I run the latest Sol Extra PP Filter at Max with Sunrays and FXX ticked. Shadows at 1024 and Reflections at 1024 (2 faces). For some reason on my 6800XT GPU running AMDFFX and supersampling at 120% gives me a better image than turning AMDFFX off, setting Steam to 100% and running AMD CAS (sharpener). I can get a bit of shimmer on fences when not moving but the general clarity especially the distance is so much improved and I'm moving 99% of the time anyway.

I did mess with MipLODs for a bit but now leave it at default especially with my new found clarity.

I did a video of Union Island yesterday with these exact settings and it looks great even with the overhead of running the OBS software to capture the VR image.

I was interested to see how far I could push the supersampling in Hot Lap mode as in Steam the SS defaults to 150% and I was interested what it would look like.
In the end I've settled on AMD FidelityFX turned on and set to Ultra Quality / Very Low Sharpening and further down the same page Post Processing Anti Aliasing set to Nvidia FXAA 3.11 at Max and on the Assetto Corsa Video Settings I run.....
I appreciate the detailed reply, and will make dedicated save files for your settings. I'll give the tube channel a watch as well.

95% driving I do on assetto is drifting. So having great details and frames at while bumping doors is a must but never at high speeds like circuit racing. I try to lock 60fps, any less and I can feel it. I'm just waiting for a dedicated VR pp. filter that actually tries to replicate IN CAR drivers vision and not a . Complete with cabin shadows and cabin glare.

Seems the majority of people worry about how it looks in photos and replays. I couldn't imagine any user in VR driving a chase cam...

Thanks

I am able to hit 90 fps or close to that using the configuration you are talking about. I am on a Reverb G2 and 3080. Make sure you are not SS above 100%. Also, I found that if your app struggles/has issues with graphics, Windows kinda quarantines it to run at a lower FPS. I had to add AC.exe to an exclusion list so that Windows did not throttle it.

I am able to hit 90 fps or close to that using the configuration you are talking about. I am on a Reverb G2 and 3080. Make sure you are not SS above 100%. Also, I found that if your app struggles/has issues with graphics, Windows kinda quarantines it to run at a lower FPS. I had to add AC.exe to an exclusion list so that Windows did not throttle it.
Hi, do you have some more information about this quarantine? I googled but couldn't really find info. All of a sudden AC runs with 20fps less without changing anything.. mabye this could be it..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 492 39.2%