Graphics problem?

While driving a race, the game freezes and the textures are being "replaced" by another ones.

GRAB_001.JPG

GRAB_002.JPG

what is causing this??
http://www.hederahelix.nl/images/GRAB_001.JPG

I had this happening to me too.

I dont think its hardware, as my 8800GT has no similar problems with any other game, including ones that are more harsh to it.

Since i switched to windows 7, i havn`t had this problem, so can only assume its driver related.

First thing that i would do, is get driver cleaner and a new set of drivers for your card (roll back a few versions).
Start in safe mode and remove your (asuming nvidia?) drivers, then start normally and try your new ones.

I have had this a couple of times. it was to do with the timing gates, If I changed the texture used and re exported them with 3dsimmed with a no render tag, it worked.

Just reread, Mine was still drivable but the track textures cycled other textures.

so might be some thing else.

Hopefully it is a problem wich is easy to solve, because i spend some 7 months with working at this track. Had no problems and suddenly it behaves like this. So sad i have no back up for this one. Yesterday i was so fed up i almost deleted the whole track. Luckily i didn't.

First i have to know how i can get a higher frame rate. I saw some tracks, like the Nurburgring and some other tracks wich also have a lot of trees around, wich have not such a huge impact on the frame rate.

Well, its not your track bud.

I`ve had a few goes at it, and no problems. So it must be your drivers.

Like i said, this was happening to me when i was on XP. After only changing to Win7 and still using all the same hardware, all is fine (touch wood).

It could be that your graphics card is failing, but it could also be a problem with the power supply unit. Last month my computer would halt and all signals to the monitor would cease whenever I was running any 3d graphics program (including BTB). My card was fairly new so I replaced the PSU, and now stability seems to have returned.

Of course there are many variables so it can be very hard to narrow things down, but other hardware faults are worth considering.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%