Graphics optimization/shadows question

I have lovely looking graphics in AC, except for shadows. They are set at the highest resolution, but I get some flickering or shimmering on shadows in the distance. They lock-in when you get close enough.

When all internal AC settings are maxed-out (or any other title), the normal way to deal with this sort of shimmering shadows is with super-sampling. I am already using that via NVIDIA Inspector. Is there a way to solidify the shadows in the distance in AC?

I have lovely looking graphics in AC, except for shadows. They are set at the highest resolution, but I get some flickering or shimmering on shadows in the distance. They lock-in when you get close enough.

When all internal AC settings are maxed-out (or any other title), the normal way to deal with this sort of shimmering shadows is with super-sampling. I am already using that via NVIDIA Inspector. Is there a way to solidify the shadows in the distance in AC?
Can you provide a screenshot of the inspector settings?
I've tested quite a lot last year and for me, only sparse grid worked. Nothing else!
You can monitor the gpu load to see what's working and what's not.
Sgssaa ramps up the gpu load a lot. Everything else only barely and doesn't do anything.

Can you provide a screenshot of the inspector settings?
I've tested quite a lot last year and for me, only sparse grid worked. Nothing else!
You can monitor the gpu load to see what's working and what's not.
Sgssaa ramps up the gpu load a lot. Everything else only barely and doesn't do anything.

Thanks--I will try sparse grid. Am used to using that with gMotor-based sims--didn't realize it worked well for AC, too!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%