Graphics Card recomendation

Hi all,
Currently running ACC on a 4th gen I5 and RX 470 gpu, i have to run the graphics detail lower than i would like
What would be a good GPU upgrade ? or is the I5 maybe the bottleneck ??

Thanks

It's an i5 4590s 3.0ghz
Motherboard is just one out of an old hp, it's a ms-7860
16gb of ram
Aerocool Integrator 500W Power Supply, 80 Plus Bronze

The pc was basically and old hp I bought and done on the cheap to play ac and it does that well, but acc struggles in comparison.

Budget wise hmmm is under 200 possible? Second hand I don't mind about or refurbished as the current card is just a refurbished one.

1080p @ 60fps is definitely 1060-1660ti range for nvidia, or RX 5600XT if you go AMD. The thing holding you back might be your CPU though....
Have you checked the difference in FPS on the same race setup (ie: Single player, quick race, sunny, 15 AI) with both minimum and maximum/high graphics settings to see how much of an FPS difference there is?
I think you SHOULD just about be ok, I know with my old FX6300 (yep, I know, about 25% slower than the i5 on single core) I was lucky to hit 45fps on a large grid purely down to the CPU. Same GPU now pumps out over 100fps @ 1440p (compared to 1080p before) now it is paired with an R5 3600.

What program would you use to measure the fps, for some reason the amd software doesn't pick up the fps.
There is deffinatly some slow down when there is more cars but it just seems to be while they are visible in front or in the rear mirror.

I believe there is an option in the HUD menu options to turn the FPS counter on, if not it might be in a json file somewhere, as I have mine set to show at all times...

Documents> acc > config > hud

then about 12 lines down set "fPSVisible": 1,

Will give it a try :) thanks

If you do use MSI afterburner do the following;

- Open the program
- In the middle under the fan speed slider you will see the settings icon, click it
- The properties window opens
- Go to MONITORING
- You will see the graph and properties columns. Here is where you active what you want shown in the games. I recommend the following (GPU temperature, GPU usage, CPU1 Temp, CPU1 usage, RAM usage and Framerate)
- To active the graphs you want click on one and at the bottom under graph properties check off SHOW IN ON-SCREEN DISPLAY. Do that for each one, apply and run the game.

I'd still say use ACC's built in system if you're purely after ACC performance, as otherwise there is extra overheads from other programs.

Got that working was hitting a steady 60fps on a multiplayer game on brands hatch, offline tried it with 26ai drivers dropped to 35fps on the start and they kinda sat around 50/60 during the race, need to try msi afterburner again to see what the cpu usage was at.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%