PC1 Graphics Card for pCars.

Well, it will run pCARS, just... However, if you're going for a new GPU now, get one with more RAM if you can. Also, for pCARS, NVIDIA gives you quite a bit better performance than AMD for similarly priced cards. If your budget is limited to around GBP 100 (like the card you linked to), a 650 might be the ticket, or better yet a 650Ti for GBP 130. I'm sure others will follow up with more recommendations :)

Hi, I have been having problems with extremely low frame rates while playing this Sim ( around 10-18 ) as I use an extremely old graphics card - an AMD HD3800 512MB.

I've have been looking at this card : http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-301-AS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=.

Will this suffice ?

Also my current pc specs are : Intel Core 3.0 Ghz dual core
4GB DDR2 Ram

IMO NO....
I have a similar spec...

e8400 3ghz
4gig DDR

I plan to buy a new PC later on, and the slowest GPU I'd get will be a 7950.

I don't think the 7770 is a bad card, but I think the minimum I would be happy with for pCARS is a GTX660 Ti. Right now I'm running a GTX670 & i5-3570k@4GHz with triple monitors (5940x1080) and getting between 45-60fps depending on the track. Of course if you're on a single monitor then you'll be fine with lower hardware (maybe a GTX650 Ti or a 7950?).

Nvidia being a better choice than AMD is correct, I used to run crossfire 6950's and could only manage those fps at 4800x900

I have an nVidia GTX545 and its OK ish but not fantastic. It copes with everything else on the market so I'm kinda hoping as the game developes the GPU demand will get better and play better. For example I can run Race Room experience on it a full whack with no problems.

I've lost about 10-15 fps in recent builds even though it doesn't look any different than before.

The 6870 is pretty weak now I suppose but it used to run pCARS no problem with only reflections turned down at 1200p.

pCARS work better with Nvidia.

Also I have a GTX 670 which it just pwnz. I get over 90% GPU usage most of the time. The game really GPU heavy. Altho I'm playing on MAX settings with all AA's and shits. But yeah. This game is very GPU heavy. You'll need a high end GPU for it.

Take a look at 660 Ti / 670 / 680. I wouldn't go below that anyway.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back