Graphic settings advice

With 2xR9 290 I would max everything (even on triple screens) and go from there. If you are getting poor FPS then I would drop car reflections to low, turn off shadow split and lower shadows as these are the big frame rate killers.

Turn off FXAA as there's no need for this if running MSAA.

Turn off motion blur to save a few frames - it's not a nice effect anyway, but I appreciate this is subjective.

@Angeltheartist - short answer.. No it does not (yet).
As James said above, I would suggest turning car reflections to low, turn off shadow split and lower shadows.
Personally, shadows (at any level) kill my machine. Try that first and work up from that point.

Also, for me anyway, Moscow and China are the big frame rate hitters. If you get it working smooth on Moscow, everything else should be fine.

Cheers

@Angeltheartist - short answer.. No it does not (yet).
As James said above, I would suggest turning car reflections to low, turn off shadow split and lower shadows.
Personally, shadows (at any level) kill my machine. Try that first and work up from that point.
Also, for me anyway, Moscow and China are the big frame rate hitters. If you get it working smooth on Moscow, everything else should be fine.
Cheers

100% spot-on, these are the best places to start if you need to improve your framerate and also correct about which tracks are most demanding. Moscow has a weird issue with motion blur eating up framerates.

If anyone cares, a single overclocked GTX 980 Ti will run maximum graphic settings at 2560x1600 resolution at a solid 60fps in this game. Just FYI in case anyone is shopping for a new video card that will run this game maxed out graphically. I was running an overclocked GTX 980 setup until a few weeks ago and some graphic detail had to be turned down but the GTX 980 Ti has no problem maxing it out.

Hi @Blkout - thanks for the info... interesting. In the next month or so I'm looking at upgrading my 770 to the 980ti.. will it run triples at top settings do you think? Im currently running it pretty much full high except no shadows at all...
Cheers

It all comes down to the resolution, triple 1080's is going to be more pixels than the 2560x1600 resolution that I'm running. That being said, its going to be a HUGE upgrade over the 770, at least double the framerates you're getting right now. If you can't run it maxed out graphically on triple 1080's, you'll be very close.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back