Graphic prob after freeze...

Greg,
This gets discussed often. Look at this thread as well as this thread, both here at RD. Other threads can be found at any forum where Evo is discussed. I've had this problem, the "psycedelic" screen problem and freezing, none of the causes have been identified [for certain] and there is no one cure.

yep there is no fix as its mostlikely a prob with the NVIDIA driver since they fixed it to make cysis playable on there cards
since then it moves over to any new driver version and NVIDI seams not realy to care about a old engien not running on there cards o.O

oh maybe one fix there is, swap to a ATI card :) i think ati useres are free of it

No freezes since the latest patch here, with a Nvidia Card here. ATI-Cards had their own problems (stuttering without Prerender Limit set to 1 or forced Tripple Buffer) and freezes too (before the latest patch with my old ATI 3850).
Image Quality is a lot better on Nvidia Cards, if the card is fast enough to activate Supersampling (8xS/16xS) via nHancer.

No freezes since the latest patch here, with a Nvidia Card here. ATI-Cards had their own problems (stuttering without Prerender Limit set to 1 or forced Tripple Buffer) and freezes too (before the latest patch with my old ATI 3850).
Image Quality is a lot better on Nvidia Cards, if the card is fast enough to activate Supersampling (8xS/16xS) via nHancer.

I have to disagree on that one. I moved from a 9800GTX to a ATI 4890 and the pic is 10x better. Not to mention watching 1080p HD movies. None of the NVIDA cards can easily get the same black levels.

I have to disagree on that one. I moved from a 9800GTX to a ATI 4890 and the pic is 10x better. Not to mention watching 1080p HD movies. None of the NVIDA cards can easily get the same black levels.

Hehe, funny I am on the other side. :) Color levels are adjustable on Nvidia side, once RGB 0-255 (for PC Displays, or HD Movies) or YUV 16-235 (TV-Display with a DVD Movie). There where some bugs in the ATI driver which gave me only the YUV color range on my desktop monitor and therefore black was dark grey.

Here a pic with 8xS enabled, in motion it is even more impressive (far less flickering) than the ATI maximum (24x edge detect AA + TAA/16AF) Quality.

http://img5.imagebanana.com/view/q2uoc94o/gtrevo8xSTMSA.png

• Michel Salvador

Hehe, funny I am on the other side. :) Color levels are adjustable on Nvidia side, once RGB 0-255 (for PC Displays, or HD Movies) or YUV 16-235 (TV-Display with a DVD Movie). There where some bugs in the ATI driver which gave me only the YUV color range on my desktop monitor and therefore black was dark grey.

nice you bring good point there about these option RGR and Ycb,there was few ati driver dint have that and it was annoying for me for evo to not get the black and was grey dark sometime i even have to reboot the PC to get back the real black lol
I try so many driver and it final 9.6 ccc driver ATI just perfect for me now,it have that option now as you can c in the SS but not the 9.7 or 9.8 maybe it hiden dunno how to get it lol. when it was dark grey was annoying to not see the marker brake point from few track in evo ;exemple;barcelona ,Zhuhai.

About who got the best picture well im sure nvidia ati are close i cant tell always been with ATI and got hd4890 since 3 month now.
NVIDIA=freeze in evo from alot ppl
ATI= no freeze but few stuttering in evo maybe>?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.1%