Graphic Options in RRE or Nvidia Control Panel?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Aaron Markham, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Aaron Markham

Aaron Markham

Ratings:
    +42
    I know in other titles (Race 07, RFactor, Game Stock Car, etc..) it is better to adjust the AA & AF using the Nvidia Control Panel instead of the in-game options. Can this be done in RRE? I made a custom profile for RRE but none of the settings seem to work, I have to use the in-game settings instead. I don't have a problem using the in-game settings but I've always heard performance is better when using the Nvidia Control Panel.

2. Ricky78

Ricky78

Ratings:
    +99
    For the AF we are forced to use the NVIDIA control panel, there's no option in the game.
    However the actual NVIDIA drivers do not have a proper profile for RRRE.

The old RaceRoom profile supports only the previous mss32.exe, so the new rrre.exe must be added manually using NVIDIA Inspector.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  3. Msportdan

Msportdan
    Banned

Ratings:
    +555
    ah... my settings does not take effect in game...

only been with nvidia 2 days so quite new..

any help please.

4. nounoubleu

nounoubleu

Ratings:
    +57
    Same for me. I just got yesterday a nice 970GTX and I'm bit lost.
    With my previous card (R9 270), recommended video setting by RRE (in "Auto" video option) was high. Strangely, when I done the same with my new card, he adjusted all setting at minimum. I had to do all settings manually.
    I still have some aliasing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Msportdan

Msportdan
    Banned

Ratings:
    +555
    i just bought the same card 2 days ago the MSI GTX970, lovely card, but performance with RRE isnt amazing as i thought.. This does seem not well optimised.. For instance shadow split i still have off, reflections low. and run about 21 cars Most else high, x4 aa apart from blur.. 45-51fps on a lap

Some tracks have horrid fps dips at corners.. hockenheim is one.

tried capping the fps at 50 & 40, but get tearing, which i was read triple buffer helps, but cant get it to activate in nvidia panel.

Vo metro redux i can run ultra with tessalation normal at around 100 fpslol on a i3-3220

6. Insert Coin

Insert Coin

Ratings:
    +141
    What CPU model and clockfrequency do you have?

7. Msportdan

Msportdan
    Banned

Ratings:
    +555
    i3-3220 @3.30 ghz

8. Insert Coin

Insert Coin

Ratings:
    +141
    Install MSI Afterburner and check if your CPU or your GPU is maxed out during a race.

9. Msportdan

Msportdan
    Banned

Ratings:
    +555
    i have the gpu is using about 20-30% the cpu around 6o but has rare spikes at around 80

10. Insert Coin

Insert Coin

Ratings:
    +141
    You could try fiddling with core parking. If that does not help it's R3E itself I'm afraid. I'm seeing a lot of stuttering as well every time at certain points in tracks (even with graphics settings on low), but I do have an older graphics card (AMD 6950). Haven't tried the core parking tool yet. Please let me know if it helps.

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. Msportdan

Msportdan
    Banned

Ratings:
    +555
    ok mate cheers for the help.

so anyone know why the 3d settings not saving?