graphic glitch

i found a graphical glitch and i'm wondering if it will ever be corrected...quite ridiculus since the game is quality game imho... :)

Attachments

• 2014-07-02_00002.jpg
    2014-07-02_00002.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 258
The car has a low ride height and it stucks deep in the gravel. It's quite difficult to solve, i guess, because the gravel trap is a polygon mesh and the small stones aren't 3D objects (would be performance overkill).

BTW, the easiest solution for this ........... Stay on the track! :p

I know but...race 07 don't have that kind of problem if I'm right...why?:)
Every sim i know has these clipping issues. It depends how deep the car sinks into the gravel.

Also very noticable is it, if the car drives over kerbs. The splitter sometimes goes through the kerbs. You can see it in Race07, AC, pCARS, rFactor, etc. But if the collision mesh would be that strict, your splitter would be gone quickly.

You just made me remember in gtr - gtr2 the cars sometimes did diving in the asphalt
xaxaxa.

They did and they do but only if the tire radius is not correct. If it is correct, the tire mesh is positioned correctly on the track surface.

With gravel things are not as linear, due to how gravel is simulated.

But most of the "problems" with tires sinking or car chassis sinking are due to wrong tire radius and wrong graphics offsets. Correcting these, the problem is mostly solved (except with tracks that have obvious problems).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 472 39.0%