Graphic cards with BTB 7.0X

Hello,
I'm a pro user of BTB with an old graphic card (shader 2.0 supported). And now, with the 7.0 release, it seems that they are not supported (the export to rbr). Is't true and definitively?

PS : sorry to my english

Hello,
I'm a pro user of BTB with an old graphic card (shader 2.0 supported). And now, with the 7.0 release, it seems that they are not supported (the export to rbr). Is't true and definitively?

PS : sorry to my english

ive got the same problem ....
mybe somebody could just aprove this??

(in 06 version there was a option of some disableing instancing or something like that and then it worked fine )

I have not tested it with a Shader 2.0 card. The oldest of the four PC's in this house is 4 years old and it has a shader 3.0 card so I can't test to see how shader 2.0 works.

From what I understand you will need to upgrade if you want to run the realistic rally lengths (track built using BTB). Trying to support older cards takes a lot more BTB development time and the end result will be no where near as good.

The 33km track I create could be tuned to remove much of the non-collideable data so it runs very smoothly on even the cheapest of shader 3.0 cards.

If you are unable to upgrade then you will be stuck with the shorter tracks with less detail. You will need to output to DirectX and convert using the other tools (Wally etc). I've never tried this myself so have no idea what's involved.

ok thats fine ill just have to upgrade my pc couse there are a lot of benefits of doing that for rbr as you mention then i would be able to create long tracks....

my only question would be what ADVICE could you give what craphics card should i buy if my only intention is BTB?
what cards are you using mostly?
thank you!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%