PC1 Graphic Card Comparison Test Results (Kotaku)

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
Need to go to the article to get the results as it's all in graphical tables and I can't copy them here.

http://kotaku.com/project-cars-benchmarked-brutal-weather-conditions-1703580365

The game has some pretty hefty system spec requirements, too. For low graphics settings Project CARS calls for at least a quad-core processor running GeForce GTX 260 or Radeon HD 5770 graphics. However if you want to enjoy the superb graphics that Project CARS can serve up then the developer suggests an Intel Core i7 or AMD FX-8350 processor — asking for a Core i7 over a Core i5 is interesting — while on the GPU front, the suggested spec is too vague to be particularly useful. Fret not, this is what this article is all about.

Hungry bugger isn't it? I got it looking pretty nice on a 660 Ti. But looks like AMD users are screwed. I can't believe a AMD GPU driver has not been released since December.

Should be able to run at 60ps easily on a Titan though. Could be worse I could have a Xbone to try and run it on.

I play with MINIMUM GPU and, yes, that's GeForce GTX 260.
Can't say I'm satisfied with FPS but when I survive start of the (rainy ones are the worst of course) race - I'm OK from then on...
But I got i5 though.
And I'm in a process of changing my GPU. Not only for PCars but ...mainly.
And on the end.... the game looks really great even on low settings.
(but I don't use lowest, I even play with 1920x1080 resolution)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%