Graphic Bugs!!

GraphicCorruption.jpg

This will be the known issue that neither Simbin or nVidia will acknowledge let alone fix, it happened on my AMD system with 8800GTS-512 and still happens on my i7 (1366) system with 580GTX, it also concerns me that as the problem remains in Race\GTR-E it may well be carried over into GTR3. I really think Simbin has let down it's loyal fan base as this is a very long standing and widely experienced fault.

This will be the known issue that neither Simbin or nVidia will acknowledge let alone fix, it happened on my AMD system with 8800GTS-512 and still happens on my i7 (1366) system with 580GTX, it also concerns me that as the problem remains in Race\GTR-E it may well be carried over into GTR3. I really think Simbin has let down it's loyal fan base as this is a very long standing and widely experienced fault.

I have a GTX460 and Race 07 looks great, so I don't have this ''known issue'' ( I never had this issue on my PC's over the years.

I have a 9600GT, I have something like this but worse after a freeze if I set the settings too high, but it does that in all games (in all 3d games at least), because my video RAM started to go wrong somewhere in January, I need to set things lower and lower, yesterday it even froze at medium settings in TDU 1. Thankfully I'll get my new card this week so I can set everything that I have to high again. The 9600GT served me for 3 years, it was a good card, unfortunately I now know that I couldn't even use it's full power due to my weak CPU, but it was good.

I'd say start messing around with settings. Start with in game stuff first, reflection effects and special effects are where I'd start looking at the screenie, as the bands across the screen look most like where the card is trying to render shafts of light or the haze caused by the light? I know its a pain but reducing settings on these Items and (hopefully) finding the culprit might just help you and could help others. If in game settings don't solve it move onto other settings (let application control AA?). Rob Casey posted something about sorting a stuttering issue out in the last few days - a different issue I know but it seems some strange stuff is happening to some people with these cards/the latest drivers.
I can't help but think those weird lines are some issue caused by different shades of light in the game and/or the graphics card trying too hard or in the wrong way to stop 'tearing' in the image. (AA?)
Maybe someone who has the card and knows a lot more about the drivers could help by giving you an idea of settings they are running.

Rob Casey's GTX560Ti - stuttering fixed thread : http://www.racedepartment.com/race-series/57580-race-07-stuttering-fixed.html

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back