Resource icon

Tracks Grand Valley Speedway 0.66

Login or Register an account to download this content
yes, it gets better :)

New<---------------------------------------:D:D:D------------ -------------------------> old

5zsq85.jpg

Last edited:
I see you two know how to setup shaders, and tiled textures in a way that makes the repetition less noticable... unlike some other submitters of Rfactor 1 conversions :rolleyes:

You should also add a simple normalmap to the stonewall material used in the one tunnel bit, and if possible run a simple smoothing over the landscape.

Just tried 0.6 - HUGE improvement!
:)
Keep them coming guys!

@Deswribilator, fantastic job. Don't make the tarmac too light - the palette looks great in VR at the moment.
Yeeah, he is really good. I have here (already converted) Autumn Ring. I will try to upload as soon as talk to the owner of the mod. But Autumn has the same problem as this when I uploaded it.So it will need some fix (beacuse I just conveted).

Really impressed with the progress of this track. I've just done a few laps in the R8 LMS Ultra and it drives great! I've noticed a few of issues that may be worth pointing out, firstly the 2D trees; are they going to be replaced with 3D or better models at some point? If not then a few of them could be realigned to face the car better. There's also some gaps in the road and at the side of roads behind barriers, worst one is at the exit of the first tunnel as it jostles the car (not sure if these have been fixed by Deswribilator after the 0.65 release?) Another thing that stands out is what has already been said, repetitive textures such as in the tunnels and on side of hills by the road.

Just constructive criticism, please don't take the wrong way :)

I have screenshots of above if you'd like me to upload them.

Really looking forward to the alternate routes now and thanks for making a great conversion of this track by the way!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%