Grand Theft Auto V - LS Street Racing

Yusuf Macit

Lost but Won
Hi everyone, i have recently edited and created a somewhat fun video, could you please watch it and give me a feedback if it is possible? Thank you. :):thumbsup:

EDIT: Second video added

Something to compare and contrast... Took me around 6 hours to edit this simple 3 minutes long footage. Any opinion is appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Hi Yusuf, thanks for sharing your video here. It is a nice effort and I hope you do more by improving youself.

I am no way an expert on video editing and such, so here are some of my personal opinions on your video:
- The background music is too exhausting. I would put a lighter (or more racey, like the old NFS soundtracks) music with no-vocals and emphasize on engine sounds.
- At some scenes, (especially the opening) camera wanders around too long before cutting into another scene.
- Slow-motion scenes might be over-used.
- Glitchy scenes break the immersion. (Such as that pedestrian woman turning on the corner)

Hi Yusuf, thanks for sharing your video here. It is a nice effort and I hope you do more by improving youself.

I am no way an expert on video editing and such, so here are some of my personal opinions on your video:
- The background music is too exhausting. I would put a lighter (or more racey, like the old NFS soundtracks) music with no-vocals and emphasize on engine sounds.
- At some scenes, (especially the opening) camera wanders around too long before cutting into another scene.
- Slow-motion scenes might be over-used.
- Glitchy scenes break the immersion. (Such as that pedestrian woman turning on the corner)

Thanks very much! I am so delighted that you gave a detailed feedback. Very much appreciated. Neither am i an expert, i merely ask for these kind of opinions for which i think they are very helpful. On the other hand this is probably my third time using the built-in Rockstar Editor. So the placement of the cameras, or their movements were not always how i wanted them to be.

You may be right about the music, i already used this one from NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, but then again i might have considered something older as you mentioned, for example a soundtrack from NFS High Stakes.

I believe you are absolutely correct about the opening camera, because it wanders around too long and may be confusing or boring for some people. And they might just close the video at that point and miss the other scenes. This point has troubled my mind earlier too, but now i am clear that i will select another approach in the next video for an opening scene. Thanks.

I should have left that glitchy part out. I will pay more attention to these mistakes in further videos.

I really enjoy making these editings. And even more than that, i enjoy using these videos as a tool to entertain people. I need to improve a lot lot more, though. That's exactly why any opinion matters, as a result i can offer videos in much better quality.

Thanks again. :)

I really enjoy making these editings. And even more than that, i enjoy using these videos as a tool to entertain people. I need to improve a lot lot more, though. That's exactly why any opinion matters, as a result i can offer videos in much better quality.

I am very happy that you found my input valuable. You have a great potential. Keep doing these, mate! :)

I've edited another footage. I would appreciate it if anyone pointed out my mistakes or the things i've done better compared to the first video. Thank you. :)

I think there is a significant difference between the new video and the previous one. Angles and shots look way more professional. On point slow motion usage and more connected sequences in the 2nd video.

Only problem imo was the way the girl's car stopped. Her momentum suddenly disappeared there. But that is a problem related to the "game" part. The video edit was much much better. More work can be done on the sound effects and addition of some music which pumps the adrenaline. Thanks for sharing here! :thumbsup:

I think there is a significant difference between the new video and the previous one. Angles and shots look way more professional. On point slow motion usage and more connected sequences in the 2nd video.

Only problem imo was the way the girl's car stopped. Her momentum suddenly disappeared there. But that is a problem related to the "game" part. The video edit was much much better. More work can be done on the sound effects and addition of some music which pumps the adrenaline. Thanks for sharing here! :thumbsup:

Hi,

Thanks for your honest and humble opinion. This sort of comments are helping me a lot to improve my work.

The scene where the girl's car stopped was indeed related to the game engine physics and car's "weird" handling.

Hopefully, i will pay more attention to the sound effects and music in the next video. I know it is very important to keep up the adrenaline level high in these kind of videos.

About camera angles, i tried to apply the shots I've seen from real life cinema and Hollywood movies. And it helped me in a really positive way.

I will take your advice and try to work around harder with the 3rd video. Thanks again your each and every word, they mean worlds to me. :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.7%