Resource icon

Career Grand Prix Legends 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Tom Michelmore submitted a new resource:

Grand Prix Legends - Nostalgic throwback to GPL with this Lotus 49 championship.

bannergpl_zps57b57358.png

Welcome to a historic themed addition to Assetto Corsa career mode!

This series uses the Lotus 49 and is based roughly on the 1967 Formula 1 season. It is held around 7 circuits along with correct driver names and liveries to create a classic themed championship. However due to a lack of classic tracks, I've had to use multiple modern ones to improvise.

All AI are named after the drivers of the time e.g....

Read more about this resource...

I've got a question. I tried to download this to my career section and it doesn't show up in there. Am I missing something here or did not install it in the correct place? Please some help here as I really like this Mod.

I've got a question. I tried to download this to my career section and it doesn't show up in there. Am I missing something here or did not install it in the correct place? Please some help here as I really like this Mod.

When you download the file, inside it will be a installation.txt file that should hopefully explain everything clearly. Basically whenever you extract one of the folders it should be to the Assetto Corsa main directory and also ensure that you're extracting folders named 'content' and nothing else.

I'm glad everyone's enjoying my mods so far :). I just hope soon Kunos will add support for reverse grid races and longer races themselves to give a lot more freedom when creating these additions.

Every time I try to start, I end up in the Ferrari at the GT2 championship at Magione. Weird. I've only tried it in the Rift so far, that might be causing it, not sure.

edit: user error, oops! Cheers!

Last edited:
When you download the file, inside it will be a installation.txt file that should hopefully explain everything clearly. Basically whenever you extract one of the folders it should be to the Assetto Corsa main directory and also ensure that you're extracting folders named 'content' and nothing else.

I'm glad everyone's enjoying my mods so far :). I just hope soon Kunos will add support for reverse grid races and longer races themselves to give a lot more freedom when creating these additions.
Thanks so much Tom, for your help on this. I've never done this type of a Mod to AC before :( and was at a loss completely. I got it after your instructions :thumbsup: and it works SOOoo GOOood tooo!. Thanks Again. :)

Has anyone done this career and if so what position one might expect to finish if driving well? Reason I ask is I see the top AI drivers are only a second or so slower than world record pace on Spa so chances of a win or even top ten seem extremely difficult.

Awesome career mode for AC! Although Im getting waxed by some of the
greats...no, all of them actually! Fun stuff...
Question: Silverstone is showing that I have no track available, when it goes to that round...I do have Silverstone '67...Do I need to drag that into that career file?
Thank in advance!
Tom W.

I also made a custom 1967 Formula One World Championship on Assetto Corsa. However, this is not available for Career Mode, but you can do a custom-made Championship Season with it, which is what I did. My Season 1 schedule consists of:

Kyalami 1967 (mod)
Monaco 1966 (mod)
Zandvoort 1967 (mod)
Spa Francorchamps 1966 (mod)
Albi 1967 (mod)
Silverstone 1967
Nurburgring Nordscheliefe
Mosport 2012 (mod)
Monza 1966
Longford 1967 (mod)
Fuji 1968 GP Layout (mod)

Unfortunately, this career refuses to work for me. Every time I start it up it claims a necessary track is missing. It is always a track I have and tends to be naming a different track each time? Any ideas? I note others have had this problem. Has anyone solved it?

You need to check that the career uses track names that match the folder and layout names of the tracks. Seeing this mod is from 2014 there is a chance even the kunos track names have changed since. You can change these track names in the career by going though the individual event.ini files and checking if you have all the tracks. For example the career mode has this line "TRACK=silverstone" in the 5th event's event.ini but that is a wrong folder name. silverstone does not exist anymore. The modern silverstone has a folder name called ks_silverstone and the old one is ks_silverstone1967. As that modern track has multiple layouts you need to add the correct layout there as well with CONFIG_TRACK=gp for example. I'd imagine after these changes it works. If you edit career ini files while content manager is running you need to restart cm before the career is updated.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 424 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 284 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 277 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 324 12.8%