MalmstEEn[RTS]

• MalmstEEn[RTS]

Here you can find all you need for solve
the youth problems of this game:

OFFICIAL PATCHES:
Grand Prix Legends Matrox G200 Support Patch:
This is version 01 of the patch and therefore is still experiencing minor
glitches...
LINK: Download Grand Prix Legends Matrox G200 Support Patch from FileFront!

Grand Prix Legends Unsupported Disconnect Fix:
This is an unsupported beta patch that should significantly reduce disconnects when running multiplayer races in GPL. To use the patch...
LINK: Download Grand Prix Legends Unsupported Disconnect Fix from FileFront!

Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.1 Patch:
LINK: Download Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.1 Patch from FileFront!

Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.2 Patch:
This patch will upgrade GPL version 1.0.0.0 and 1.1.0.3 to version 1.2.0.1.
LINK: Download Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.2 Patch from FileFront!

Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.2 Patch (USA Version):
This patch will update both 1.0.0.0 and 1.1.0.3 versions of GPL. Also, you must download the correct country patch that is appropriate for your copy of GPL. As a final note, installation of the patch over third party utilities is not supported.
LINK: Download Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.2 Patch (USA Version)
Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.2 Patch (UK Version):
LINK: Download Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.2 Patch (UK Version)
Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.2 Patch
(Spanish Version):
LINK:
Download Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.2 Patch (Spanish Version)
(Italian Version):
LINK:
Download Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.2 Patch (Italian Version)
(German Version):
LINK:
Download Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.2 Patch (German Version)
(French Version):
LINK:
Download Grand Prix Legends Retail v1.2 Patch (French Version)

Grand Prix Legends OpenGL Support Patch:
LINK: Download Grand Prix Legends OpenGL Support Patch from FileFront!

Grand Prix Legends Direct3d Patch:
This is an unsupported beta patch that allows D3D capable video cards to run GPL.
LINK:Download Grand Prix Legends Direct3d Patch

Grand Prix Legends CPU Speed Fix:
This is an unsupported beta patch which will update GPL 1.2 so that it will run properly on 1.7Ghz and higher machines.
LINK (USA Version):
Download Grand Prix Legends Cpu Speed Fix (USA Version)
LINK (UK Version):
Download Grand Prix Legends Cpu Speed Fix (UK Version)
LINK (French Version):
Download Grand Prix Legends Cpu Speed Fix (French Version)
LINK (German Version):
Download Grand Prix Legends Cpu Speed Fix (German Version)
LINK (Italian Version):
Download Grand Prix Legends Cpu Speed Fix (Italian Version)
Grand Prix Legends Bandwidth Patch:
This patch lets you increase those numbers to 6 in front and 2 behind, or more. And it allows servers to show any combination of cars in front and cars behind instead of the default 75%/25% division.
LINK:
Download Grand Prix Legends Bandwidth Patch

well GPL is one of the greatest game of all time, no doubt about it.
But because we don't focus that much on GPL on this forum, that is why it doesn't have its own subforum. You can always discuss GPL topics in the general forum.
But if you know for sure that GPL will be getting a whole lot of activity, then there is a possibility that we might make a subforum for GPL ;)

• Bob Simpson

What do you like about GPL?

For me part of it is the availability of historic tracks and historic cars to drive on them.

I see that other Sims are getting old tracks, like rFactor's Rouen and the 79 mod tracks, but my interest goes back to before aero when the technology was simpler. The rFactor 55 mod looks interesting, but somehow GPL gives a different driving sensation.

It's not that I don't like modern machinery, although I hate most of the tracks. Particularly Monza where they've just stuck in chicanes to slow the cars. They might as well put in a stop sign and force a stop-and-go for each car at that point in the circuit.

• Bsmooth

So many things ,where to begin?
First thanks for having us RSC guys.Looked around a little yesterday and its really pretty cool.For me its the first sim I relly got my teeth into,or maybe I should say lost my teeth on,considering how much I was offtrack compared to on!
That and the look of the cars was just right,please no wings,it just degrades the look of the cars.Besides these were what I built for slot cars in the day.I still have my sharknose Ferrari and BRM P261.
Bob I think you really nailed it though...the Tracks are and always be legendary.It was just man against the track,elements and other drivers.There's a picture of Jackie Stewart on track,I think it may be Spa with nothing around but open countryside flashing by.Then there's those sounds,absolutely awe inspiring.
They so much remind me of the pilots of WW2,especially during the Battle of Britain,all lounging around talking to one another,just regular guys that like to live on the edge.
I could go on and on,especially since one of my favorite movies was Grand Prix,or maybe its just me waxing nostalgia! Good thread Bob!

GPL - 60fps?

For all those old GPL-ers out there, you might be interested to know that a patch has been released to make the most of the vastly improved hardware now available.

http://gplmz.bcsims.com/index.php?showtopic=3821

The patch modifies GPL to run at a maximum 60 frames per second instead of the original maximum 36 frames per second. If you use an LCD monitor or a projector, are running GPL with Vista, or would prefer higher fps, then try the patch.

Please read the included README very carefully, since there are certain issues everyone using the patch should be aware of. If you have problems which the README (or Bob Simpson's GPL FAQ) does not answer, read this thread and look for the answer.

I'm going to be trying it out myself over the next couple of days :good:

There are also patched up versions of the 65 & 66 mod too, to incorporate the physics improvements the 69 mod introduced (slipstreaming etc.)

Stuart, do you own Grand Prix Legends? I started Sim racing with it.
The 2004 Demo was my first experience with the cars of 67,then I buy GPL and build it out with 65 Mod(still my ff) Thundercars ,69 Mod with adjustable
wings.
There must be more guys here that have GPL, do you think what I think?

Hans

I need massive help to get this game running.

I have seen vids of this game running on gorgeous eye candy graphics. I have a PC that should run this game without problems. Anyone run this game using Nvidia 8series cards? I cant increase the resolution past 800x468*(i think). 24" screen in that res hurts.

Grand Prix Legends-Targa Florio

I now that there are a few members here, who have GP Legends on there hard disc and maybe still interested in GPL ,a few hard working guys from GPL are working on a new track for a couple of years now and it is in his final state now.

The track: Targa Florio original length of 72 Km and 576 Turns!!

A true Masterpiece , if you will see the trailer here is the link:

http://gplmz.bcsims.com/sub/targa/movie.html

At thee and of the movie you see a Mod (still in progress) that will suit this track .
btw you must download the file its is big but you have a few options.

O, this is not only for GPL racers , it is truly amazing and I think that everybody who likes Sim racing will appreciate this kind of work.

Hans

I have seen that movie before and the quality and the whole presentation is just spot on. Those guys really have :love: for the game and the work they do. Amazing and deep respect for it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wnZq9KBBfc[/ame]

no objections to this one then :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%