Grand Prix Legacy Manager II

er46EGt.png

1945. The war is over. At last, the war is finally over. So can we race again ? Like before ?
A year later, the A.I.A.C.R. changed its name to become the famous F.I.A., and started to work on an open-wheeler championship to be launched in 1950. Formula One was born. But what if history was slightly different ?

Welcome to the Grand Prix Legacy Manager II forum game. In this game you’ll be playing your own Grand Prix team which will try to leave his mark on the World Grand Prix history. You build and develop your car, you sign your drivers and you try to win races and championships during several decades.

Rules & Game Process :
The races in this game are run 4 at a time. Between each round (so 4 races), a Setup Window will be open for 48h to let you upgrade your car (see Setup Window section below). Once the deadline has passed or everybody have sent me their actions in PM, the next round of races will happen.

At the end of each season, alongside the Setup Window for next season, a Driver Market will be open for 48h to let you sign a driver if you need to (see Drivers’ Signings section below).

Once the deadline has passed or everybody have sent me their wish-lists and/or their actions in PM a new season begins.
The game is fundamentally based on cycles. The pace of your car will be determined by a percentage, 9% is the worst car possible, 100% the best. Each round (which will still be 4 races), your car will be better, your pace percentage will grow up to 100%. Once this value reached, your pace will slowly decline.

The only thing you'll have to do in this game is to choose WHEN to build a new car, which means going back to 9%. It will take 3 complete seasons to get 100% from a brand new car ; You'll be the best team the 4th season after a new build.

However, you will also be able to choose to build an "updated car" instead of a completely new one and start form 39% instead of 9%. This time your car will never reach 100% but only 90%, it will grow a little bit slower but will decline faster. An updated car will get 90% after 2 seasons ; You'll be almost the best team the 3rd season after an update.

Evolution of the pace is following this table (Path A is a brand new car, Path B is an update) :
DkAsAtr.png

Notice that you won't be able to start an update if your current % is below 39%. Build a new car/update always means to start from a lower %. Except this, you should be allowed to start a new car at any time ! A new "A" car will automatically be launched if you reach the bottom of this table's value.
Nothing else to do you may ask ? We just wait until we want a new build ? Well not exactly... because of Pace Points (PP)
Each "Setup Window", you'll be able to spend or earn your now legendary PP (Pace Points) to get faster.. or slower. You will all have a PP reserve (up to 5PP max) which you can use at each round to get your guys faster. You're allowed to spend 2PP max per Setup Window which represents almost 3/5 positions gained per race. However, you need PP in your reserve to spend them so you could decide to earn them instead (2PP max per round) which will make your guys slower, almost 3/5 positions lost per race. You will be obliged to spend or earn at least 1PP each round.

The key to success will be to plan WHEN your car should be the best and how to manage your PP around this period. Maybe going full speed just BEFORE your car peak.. and save the all time your car will be the best if no one can contest your win.. then go full speed after the peak. This way you may win 3 titles but it's a very risky tactics.
Every driver will be signed for a certain amount of seasons. Once his contract is over, a driver becomes free and every one can sign him. Drivers can be signed for 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years. But every 5 seasons, there will be a « contract reset » and all the drivers will be free at the same time (except Franchise Drivers). So it means that if, for example, the « contract reset » is in 2 seasons, you will only be able to sign someone for 1 or 2 years.

The signings process is a draft system where every team that has a free seat gets a « signing position ». The #1 team will choose anyone he wants, then the #2 will pick a guy from those who are still available, and so on. In order to make the signings as fluent and fast as it can be, every team manager will have to send me in PM a driver wishlist (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 drivers, it depends on your signing position). They’ll get the best pick I can give them according to the signing order.

Teams will receive a « signing position » according to their current Prestige. It is a value that is based on the results a team had during the last 5 seasons. The better the results were, the higher their « signing position » will be. A team that was able to get a title 2 years ago is more attractive for a driver than a team who never won anything. However, a team that has won the title last season is even more attractive. I don’t need to give you the exact formula that is used to calculate the Prestige, you should easily understand how it works. Every past results prior to 5 years does not count. For example, McLaren won more titles than RedBull, but the last RedBull results are currently way more attractive for a driver.

Notice that you are not allowed to fire, sell or trade a driver in this game.
Drivers have their own pace which evolves through time. They progress to reach their peak (and only one peak for each driver) then become slower every year until they retire. Every « growth curve » is different and I’ve designed a more in-depth drivers’ pace evolution to get more variability according to each F1 driver profile. Those curves are made to fit their real evolution throughout their F1 career.

However, you will NEVER know the rating of a driver. According to your knowledge, you will have to guess but I’m not letting you completely blind :
During the Driver Market, I will always show you the available drivers ranked based on their current rating. This way you will know who is faster than who but you won’t be able to know how much they are faster.

Drivers need also to adapt to their teams. A driver who just signed with a new team will get his rating lowered by 1. After one year, it will only be lowered by 0.5. Then the year after he’ll just get back his regular rating. However, the nationality of the driver can help him to adapt quicker to his new team. If an Italian team signs an Italian driver, his rating will only be lowered by 0.5 as if he was already engaged with this team for a season.
There are 12 races per season, no more, no less.
Each team has to register 2 drivers for each season that will have to race the whole year for the team.
Championship points are awarded to the top six finishers each race on a 9 - 6 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 basis.

Last edited:
Season Standings History 1950-1959
wAdc0ot.png
Vmqto1E.png
6REUWdY.png
rJE9EdD.png
xdG1Txz.png
7VFFOgd.png
0fx4YIS.png
bMww8D4.png
ibykOZh.png
FRHMdEL.png

Last edited:
Season Standings History 1960-1969
DMec9O3.png
Qym3IJ2.png
6eHhJOz.png
7dg8LpV.png
PMp4ZHG.png
7JBQyna.png
WLNn1lJ.png
YAbCswG.png
FZVVWoF.png
KvSb0AM.png

Last edited:
Season Standings History 1970-current
8BN3UNI.png
PDWXILN.png
dp0yOai.png
ZjOqgcs.png
IQWPOum.png
DPNtp0X.png
NwJB6vA.png
lRqWra0.png
r7G5Aag.png
Inc2dEZ.png

Last edited:
Season Standings History 1980-1989
JED5rmE.png
pBXVmXx.png
JHeg7FF.png
WaVaA67.png
08B6QZl.png
XHXXRBR.png
CfVbo47.png
Y0H4dER.png
asYvas2.png
LDidz5j.png

Last edited:
Season Standings History 1990-1999
JjJVtPD.png
jkxvSux.png
d34YAWE.png
ANC4HM0.png
gzt89Yz.png
Go77gb1.png
HW7pL0o.png
7Ga39Ul.png
7Ga39Ul.png
7Ga39Ul.png

Last edited:
Season Standings History 2000-2009
7Ga39Ul.png
7Ga39Ul.png
7Ga39Ul.png
7Ga39Ul.png
7Ga39Ul.png
7Ga39Ul.png
7Ga39Ul.png
7Ga39Ul.png
7Ga39Ul.png
7Ga39Ul.png

Last edited:
Now the questions are...
  1. Some of us saved 1PP. Some of saved 2PP. Those who saved only 1, did the other 1PP do anything? Tell me what the difference is, and why saving 2 isn't always the better option.
  2. I now have zero PP remaining. When do I get more?
  3. Sveltezza, BRT, & Laskey saved 1, leaving 3PP. Harvey saved 1, leaving 1PP. Why?

Now the questions are...
  1. Some of us saved 1PP. Some of saved 2PP. Those who saved only 1, did the other 1PP do anything? Tell me what the difference is, and why saving 2 isn't always the better option.
  2. I now have zero PP remaining. When do I get more?
  3. Sveltezza, BRT, & Laskey saved 1, leaving 3PP. Harvey saved 1, leaving 1PP. Why?
1. You are slower when you decide to earn (save) 2PP instead of 1 during the round you’re making this action. Sveltezza saved only 1 instead of 2 because he felt like he could loose too many races being non agressive at all. However, he’s been lucky everyone else at the top were doing the same.

2. Next round you won’t be able to spend anything because indeed you don’t have any PP left. You’ll have to decide to earn 1 or 2 PP instead and your guys will be slower.

3. issue with my pic here, Harvey did spend 1PP, this is why he got quite good results, better than DTK and Laskey. I’ve fixed it in my excel document. And this is why he only have 1PP left now.

FnoxKQW.png

1950 World Grand Prix Season (5-8)
d2tmNcS.png
LHwFDRF.png
dj8ErhS.png
oh5QUnW.png
LYSim07.png

Setup Window is now open for 48h :thumbsup: !

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%