Grand Prix Legacy Manager II - Setup & Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's happening at the start when we all begin at the same car? Will there be a variation or can some of us choose to start with an "older" car already higher up the order with the issue of a stronger decline earlier and no allowance to build an updated car or new for a while even in the decline?

Some questions:
1) so for the 1950 season, you need to know whether we want car A or car B, or do we all start with one or the other, or even a 100% car?
2) what happens to my PP if I miss the 48hr setup window?
3) when do we pick 2nd drivers and whats the order?

Some questions:
1) so for the 1950 season, you need to know whether we want car A or car B, or do we all start with one or the other, or even a 100% car?
2) what happens to my PP if I miss the 48hr setup window?
3) when do we pick 2nd drivers and whats the order?
1) Same question as Jim, you will all start with a A car, but at different "moment". I've already set the different cars and assigned them to each team knowing the fact that if we started 10 years before you would choose to peak in 50, 51, 52 etc..

2) If you miss the 48h deadline, you will save 1PP automatically even if you go over the 5PP limit (which means that this PP will be lost). I'm forcing you to spend or save so that you keep following the game and don't miss notifications. Buys will still be in PM to let the thread more empty, only to react and watch the races results.

3) I haven't set the order for season 1 but I'll come out with a new pic and the available drivers for 1950. First contract reset will happen in 1952 so you will sign guys for 2 years max, it won't make a big difference.

More questions
1) can I upgrade the car twice (or multiple times in a row), or do I have to eventually do a new car?
2) Is reliability constant?

More questions
1) can I upgrade the car twice (or multiple times in a row), or do I have to eventually do a new car?
2) Is reliability constant?
Good questions
1) Indeed, once you've made an upgrade (B) you have to build a new car (A). You can't make an update on an update.
2) Reliability will stay the same as GPLM 1 which is 100% fair : 1 DNF per pack of 3 races. 4 DNFs per season and per driver, no matter what.

Now here are the available drivers to sign for 1950 :
nLsThMc.png

OP7DIIO.png
eWd0Yad.png

Last edited:
Done !
Jwvo9Ir.png

Before I create the thread (+write the new rules.. which will take me some time..), you can see below how your car situation will be displayed each "Setup window" (this is the current situation for the start of 1950) :
l0izgKn.png

You can see, in the table on the right, the pace of your car (%), a + or a - which says if your car is on an "increasing path" or a declining one, and the letter A or B which shows if you're running a new car (A) or an updated one (B).

In the table at the center, you can see your PP action for the round. you will all start with 2PP in your PP reserve. And you'll have to spend or save at least 1 PP per round. You can spend or save max 2 PP per round. Your PP reserve cannot exceed 5 PP. Currently no one has given me orders to spend/save his PP so no action (+0) is set.

Next step : give me your order for PPs and I'll launch the very first season :thumbsup: (in PMs)

I realize something wasn't clear at all about the PP management because I didn't use the right word. "You can decide to spend or save PP" it isn't true. You can decide to spend up to 2 PP but you can't "save" your PP. Instead you can decide to EARN up to 2 PP per round. When I said "save" I meant "earn" and that's a big difference. You will never get PP between rounds for free unless you decide to earn 1 or 2 PP instead of spending 1 or 2. Then your drivers will get slower (even slower if you decide to earn 2 PP)

Basically You have 4 different options between each round :
Spend 2PP
Spend 1PP
Earn 1PP
Earn 2PP

+ Building a new car (A or B)

Last edited:
Oh it makes more sense now. Thanks for the detailed instructions. :thumbsup: But what is the exact disadvantage of earning 2 pp instead of 1?

Last edited:
Oh it makes more sense now. Thanks for the detailed instructions. :thumbsup: But what is the exact disadvantage of earning 2 pp instead of 1?
Your guys are slower. If you do not aim for anything it doesn’t make any difference but if you are in the middle of the grid +2 or -2 can be a huge difference, from a podium to almost the last position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%