Grand Prix Legacy Manager II - Setup & Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
XdXlbVV.png

Rule for Round n°4 : Overlapping years are allowed as long as it is 5 seasons max per driver.

It's been struggling to reach the low 20s here in South England. It went hot (and by hot I mean 29℃) for the British GP weekend, and then went back to being dreary and cloudy in the week after. We've not had proper heat for ages. Just a quick burst of 30+ in early June and that week and a bit around the GP, otherwise it has felt like spring temperatures the rest of the time.

Always strange, me seeing what Europeans consider hot!! It is quite normal in summer to reach 35C and humidity well over 75%. Not that I like it, obviously, but it is much more normal here. Today, though, is quite nice, only 25C and 50% humidity, no storms until next week!

For what it's worth, my winters are equally extreme.

NtOzLwy.png

Rule for Round n°6 : No rule ! Pick whoever you want. However you can't have 3 "franchise drivers" the same year. BUT
there's something I didn't take into account with my original rules about Franchise drivers and I'd like to edit a little bit for how long you'll get someone.

Some of you chose guys that will probably not become WDC. You probably want to try to make them champions for as long as you can. Some drivers will peak late, some early, it depends on the driver but it is not fair if you loose them before they peak and "offer" them to someone who doesn't really need them. If you want those drivers, I assume that you'd like to keep them for as long as it is possible. I also want them to decline IN your team, to watch the rise and fall of your legends.

So, the rule will be quite simple, you'll get them for their entire career.. but with the opportunity, at the very end of their career, to sign them the amount of years you want during the very last "contract reset" they should participate in. Example : Graham Hill's career is suppose to end (here, with my custom ratings) after the 1974 season. But in 1972 there will be a "contract reset". So at the end of 1971, Jack (Laskey) will choose for how long he will sign him. And he could choose to NOT sign him at all for 1972 and beyond or to renew him for 5 years (even if obviously it is not worth it).

I've added a year in bold/italic in my table above which is the last season each of your drivers will be signed with your team. This allows you to pick someone for the year after even if that guy would become your 3rd driver for this year.

PS : sorry for the delay boyz !

Last edited:
Why don't we just say that these Franchise drivers haven't been picked and can be part of the "anyone can sign them" part from now on.

As the last person in the order I'm just waiting to see who's gone before I select drivers who've already been taken.

Now we're done !

GLJDVnF.png

So before we launch the actual game, I need, of course, to explain you the new gameplay. Very similar to the previous one without the "guess a number" thing :

The game is fundamentally based on cycles. The pace of your car will be determined by a percentage, 9% is the worst car possible, 100% the best. Each round (which will still be 4 races), your car will be better, your pace percentage will grow up to 100%. Once this value reached, your pace will slowly decline.

The only thing you'll have to do in this game is to choose WHEN to build a new car, which means going back to 9%. It will take 3 complete seasons to get 100% from a brand new car ; You'll be the best team the 4th season after a new build.

However, you will also be able to choose to build an "updated car" instead of a completely new one and start form 39% instead of 9%. This time your car will never reach 100% but only 90%, it will grow a little bit slower but will decline faster. An updated car will get 90% after 2 seasons ; You'll be almost the best team the 3rd season after an update.

Evolution of the pace is following this table (Path A is a brand new car, Path B is an update) :
Y98bXLv.png

Notice that you won't be able to start an update if your current % is below 39%. Build a new car/update always means to start from a lower %. Except this, you should be allowed to start a new car at any time ! A new "A" car will automatically be launched if you reach the bottom of this table's value.

Nothing else to do you may ask ? We just wait until we want a new build ? Well not exactly...
Each "Setup Window" (which is still the 48h gap before 2 rounds of 4 races), you'll be able to spend or save your now legendary PP (Pace Points) to get faster.. or slower. You will all have a PP reserve (up to 5PP max) which you can use at each round to get your guys faster. You're allowed to spend 2PP max per Setup Window which represents almost 3/5 positions gained per race. However, you need PP in your reserve to spend them so you could decide to save them instead (2PP max per round) which will make your guys slower, almost 3/5 positions lost per race. You will be obliged to spend or save at least 1PP each round.

The key to success will be to plan WHEN your car should be the best and how to manage your PP around this period. Maybe going full speed just BEFORE your car peak.. and save the all time your car will be the best if no one can contest your win.. then go full speed after the peak. This way you may win 3 titles but it's a very risky tactics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 168 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline