Grand Prix Cup-ISDC: Mclaren MP4-30

James Nance

I like Race cars?
The International Sim Drivers Club will be starting their Grand Prix Cup this January! The series will consist of 10 events over 12 weeks in the brand new McLaren MP4-30. This is designed to be a fun league for people that want to learn how to drive this car and learn what it's like to race against other talented competitors in one of the highest level race cars in the world.

Car: McLaren MP4-30
Track State: 60%, track will carry over
Practice: 7:30 PM Eastern
Qualifying: 8:40 PM (20 Minutes Group Qualifying)
Race: 9:00 PM
Weather: iRacing Default
Race Duration: 150 kilometers (appx. 45 minutes)
Setups: Fixed (set will be posted on the forums)
Resets: 0
Starts: Standing

Season One Schedule
1/04 Okayama (41 Laps)
1/11 Watkins Glen Boot (28 )
1/18 Laguna Seca (42)
2/01 Monza (26)
2/08 Spa-Francorchamps (22)
2/15 Canadian Tire MP (38 )
2/22 Nurburgring GP (33)
3/07 Brands Hatch (41)
3/14 Twin Ring Motegi (32)
3/21 Interlagos (35)

signup on the isdc.club forums and put in your registration and you will receive an invitation to join the league on iRacing. This is designed to be a fun series. All welcome, regardless of skill level.

International Sim Drivers Club (http://www.isdc.club/)

Thank you very much James!

I'm a old memebr of iRacing, BUT, never tried racing the cars that needed crazies setups :D There are so many parameters, thet they drive me crazy lol. O fixed setup, however would be very nice!

I will buy and try the car today!

Will keep in touch! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much James!

I'm a old memebr of iRacing, BUT, never tried racing the cars that needed crazies setups :D There are so many parameters, thet they drive me crazy lol. O fixed setup, however would be very nice!

I will buy and try the car today!

Will keep in touch! :thumbsup:
Oh trust me, I totally understand the daunting task of setting up cars in iR. In the open series of F1, you want to read up on the MGU settings, thats where all the lap time comes from pretty much, get the right settings and you can slash 1.5-2 secs from your lap time. Have a settings for qualiy speed and then for races. In the fixed leagues, they have it set to its more of a push to pass, but adds a nice spice of strategy on how much to conserve it and when to use it.

Oh trust me, I totally understand the daunting task of setting up cars in iR. In the open series of F1, you want to read up on the MGU settings, thats where all the lap time comes from pretty much, get the right settings and you can slash 1.5-2 secs from your lap time. Have a settings for qualiy speed and then for races. In the fixed leagues, they have it set to its more of a push to pass, but adds a nice spice of strategy on how much to conserve it and when to use it.

My first impression about the car: wow!!! Very, very nice!

I know setups are extremely important with such a cars (indy and the oval series as well).

Thats why I have spend most of my time with the skippy :D

I have tried the GT3 series as well, lasr year. Really enjoyed it, John Hall used to create very nice setups. After some tweaks (John is a very talented pilot), I could do relatively well.

It´s a shame that my real life use to impact my sim life. So, from time to time I have just to leave iRacing. And, I´m not a gifted pilot. I need a LOT of practice to barely keep the pace.

I will try to race more! :thumbsup:

My first impression about the car: wow!!! Very, very nice!

I know setups are extremely important with such a cars (indy and the oval series as well).

Thats why I have spend most of my time with the skippy :D

I have tried the GT3 series as well, lasr year. Really enjoyed it, John Hall used to create very nice setups. After some tweaks (John is a very talented pilot), I could do relatively well.

It´s a shame that my real life use to impact my sim life. So, from time to time I have just to leave iRacing. And, I´m not a gifted pilot. I need a LOT of practice to barely keep the pace.

I will try to race more! :thumbsup:
My focus has been on the GT1 series and some Blancpain Sprint. But Im trying to find leagues and groups to race in, I find those to be more relaxing and less pressure to do well or not, not much consequence for messing up. So far I just have the two F1 fun leagues and RaceDepartment meets each Sunday, plenty for me. I hope more will join as time progresses.

Looks like a fun league to race the F1 car. I haven't raced it yet in official so I think it'll be a good ROI if I at least race it in a league. :laugh:

I race in the IndyCar Winter Series right now (usually the Monday races), but maybe when the season is over I might do some racing in this league. :)

Looks like a fun league to race the F1 car. I haven't raced it yet in official so I think it'll be a good ROI if I at least race it in a league. :laugh:

I race in the IndyCar Winter Series right now (usually the Monday races), but maybe when the season is over I might do some racing in this league. :)
You are more than welcome. The guy who formed the league has some nice future plans to make it more fun and interesting, also very open to ideas. The main idea is to make a series for all skill levels to race and as well learn the car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 407 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 279 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 273 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 321 12.9%