Grand Prix 4

hello, I beg your pardon for my total ignorance ...
I arrived very late to the party and I don't know anything about this game (except that it's great, almost perfect, only below f1c)

I have very important questions, if you help me.

1 gp4, what state is it currently in? I mean LEGALITY, is it abandonware? Should I buy it in physical format?

here they explain something, but I am not clear:

2 I have no idea about this game, (I know that a game with mods is a universe to discover)
Where do I get gp4? Where is the best page with mods?
how to install mods?

etc...

(In f1 challenge it took me a long time to learn the mods and all their systems / bugs / limitations ... etc. I guess it will be the same here)

Thanks a lot.:)

An authentic and true course for Grandprix 4 we are organizing in this, we are also dealing with Atari for a collaboration and a return of Gp4 updated for sale, who can find everything here:

http://gp4edit.forumgalaxy.com/index.php

It is understood and obviously that if all this should be disturbing, you can cancel it at any time.

Thank You.
That would be awesome! To have a version that is cleaned and prepared for modern computers. I think gog.com would be a good partnership to do that. Problem is going to be with all the sponsors. Easy way around it, is to just make fictional cars and teams then have an unofficial mod that put's it all right. Maybe some of the modding stuff (great effort by the way those who made the superb tools for modding this game). Maybe some of that could be easier and with a built in GUI. These games by Hammond and Microprose are all so good.

hello, I beg your pardon for my total ignorance ...
I arrived very late to the party and I don't know anything about this game (except that it's great, almost perfect, only below f1c)

I have very important questions, if you help me.

1 gp4, what state is it currently in? I mean LEGALITY, is it abandonware? Should I buy it in physical format?

here they explain something, but I am not clear:

2 I have no idea about this game, (I know that a game with mods is a universe to discover)
Where do I get gp4? Where is the best page with mods?
how to install mods?

etc...

(In f1 challenge it took me a long time to learn the mods and all their systems / bugs / limitations ... etc. I guess it will be the same here)

Thanks a lot.:)
To be clear and from the informations I have got now:
1- Grand Prix 4 is not an abandownware and the game still belongs to Microprose and Atari (ex-Infogrames).
2- The original game is still available for sale ( played game/ occasion) but it is sometimes hard to find it , depending of the country you are living to.
3- Some people are selling the the game modded (updated with specific season content) on ebay or others resellers platforms: It is strictly forbidden. Several actions are underway to stop a few people making money on content available for free. These people are making money on the back of the creators content who spend a lot of time to keep GP4 alive during their free time and for free, for all the GP4 users. It is against the GP4 community rules, against the spirit of the community. If authors works continue to be stolen and sold, authors will leave the GP4 scene.
And peopel who buy these GP4 games updated have to know that they are buying stuff available for free.

Last edited:
So i decided to install myself a copy of Grand Prix 4 but I encountered an issue, whenever i try to bind my brake and throttle they combine. I'm trying to get them separate, the wheel control panel (T300RS with T3PA pedals) doesn't fix my problem. Are there any fixes? Thanks in advance.

So i decided to install myself a copy of Grand Prix 4 but I encountered an issue, whenever i try to bind my brake and throttle they combine. I'm trying to get them separate, the wheel control panel (T300RS with T3PA pedals) doesn't fix my problem. Are there any fixes? Thanks in advance.

You could try using joy to key, or Joy 2 Key, to manually bind an input to something else. I think it might be a problem with thrust master stuff though...

Anyone looking for an easy, all-in-one installer for GP4 in 2022? Look no further than here:

Massive credit to Carl_gpgames for putting this installer together! Easy to use, and includes all the tools you need to use GP4 and its mods in one download (original GP4, the NoCD patch, GPxPatch, and Zaz Tools to easily manage mods). Just right click on the ISO, click "Mount", and open the installer EXE.

Note: originally shared on this forum thread https://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?4,1156768

Last edited:
@BanriLatte did you ever get this issue with your T300 pedal axes resolved? I've been looking at buying a T300, and would love to be able to use it with Grand Prix 4 if possible.

@BanriLatte did you ever get this issue with your T300 pedal axes resolved? I've been looking at buying a T300, and would love to be able to use it with Grand Prix 4 if possible.
The only way I found to somehow fix that is to combine the Y axis through Thrustmaster Control Panel. Maybe it's not perfect, but hey - it works.

Last edited:
The only way I found to somehow fix that is to combine the Y axis through Thrustmaster Control Panel. Maybe it's not perfect, but hey - it works.
Thanks for the info! Indeed, it does work :)

FYI since posting before, I've had issues in some games where an Xbox controller had a combined axis, and was able to remap each trigger to its own axis using Universal Control Remapper (which includes an "Axis Split" tool). Maybe you could remap all the axes (including separate throttle and brake) and buttons you need in your T300 using UCR to a single virtual gamepad that Grand Prix 4 can understand?

Tons of mod sites for GP4 have seemingly been going down recently, so thought I'd post this here:

Car mod downloads
Track downloads

Both great lists of mods complete with download links!

Anyone play this with 3 controllers? Which app is the best in combining controllers, since the game only supports 2?

I have Clubsport V3 pedals, Fanatec Clubsport Formula V2.5x rim and a SimuCube OSW base.

Which app is the best in combining controllers, since the game only supports 2?
Could vJoy allow you to combine controllers? I think maybe? I am not sure.

To map buttons from your Fanatec rim, it may be helpful to use JoyToKey. This would let you program a button on your wheel to virtually trigger the corresponding keyboard press (which you could configure in-game in GP4).

Could vJoy allow you to combine controllers? I think maybe? I am not sure.

To map buttons from your Fanatec rim, it may be helpful to use JoyToKey. This would let you program a button on your wheel to virtually trigger the corresponding keyboard press (which you could configure in-game in GP4).
You beautiful man! You were on the right path, but JoyToKey wasn't allowing me to combine my devices.

Managed to get it working by using 3 tools:
- vJoy
- Joystick Gremlin
- HidHide Configuration Client - only reason I needed this is because I couldn't get HidGuardian to work, and this allowed me to disable the devices I wanted to assign in Joystick Gremlin as the virtual joystick buttons/axii, and when I re-enabled them, they were ID 3 and higher, enabling my virtual joystick as well as SimuCube base to be at the top in USB Game Controllers in Windows 11, allowing the game to use them as Controller A and B.

So all is working perfectly now.

Thanks for your inputs, it all helped me get there in the end.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 411 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 279 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 275 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%
  • < 5 years