Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
GPTCC S7.jpg

- Any changes from S6 are in red!

Hello everyone and welcome to the 7th season already of the GPTCC! The GPTCC is an AI based championship where the game simulates the races! They will be simulated by Grand Prix 4 and once a week. YOU DO NOT NEED TO OWN GP4 TO COMPETE HERE!

A - General Rules:
RED RULE:

Yes I know I copied this from FFG, though I really felt the need to do so, for those who don't know what it is: “The Moderator reserves the right to make any decisions at their own discretion”.

If you're interested in joining the series please post it in the thread. What I need from you is:
- Driver name (can be fictional, you don't have to use your real name)
- Nationality
- Driver number
- Prefered Team (where you'd like to drive. The team needs to have an empty place though. If you want to start a new team, which you are only allowed if there is a team slot left, I need your team name again, aswell as team nationality. There are no team managers, so you have to drive for it.)
Sponsors (for both qualifying and race)
- OPTIONAL: Team livery (can use the default one from the DTM 2013 mods); driver helmet.

If there is a spot available you'll be added the series at the start of the following race, if not you'll be added to the waiting list and contacted once a seat becomes available. If you want to pair with someone in a team, please tell me your team name and nationality.

You'll be getting penalties for not posting your buys here in between the races, these are the penalties:
- Missed 1 weekend: Nothing, I'll let you through. It can happen
- Missed 2 weekends: 200$ fine, if the driver goes in-debt he has to sell his own skills at half price to get out of the debts (that means -10 skill gets you $5). This way you can't sell variation.
- Missed 3 weekends: 500$ fine, plus a kick from the series if there's somebody on the waiting list. The debt rules I said above apply here too.
- Missed 4 weekends: Kick from the series, and a ban for the rest of the season. The driver can rejoin in the season after.
Once a driver gets kicked, he will start the season he returns on (if he returns) with 500$ money to spend.

It is every participants responsibility to read the rules. Not having read the rules is not a viable excuse in disagreements. If you complain without reading the rules you are risking of losing your seat. The GPTCC reserves the right to deny entry without explanation.

B - The Racing:
Calendar:
1 - Phillips Island
2 - Silverstone (New)
3 - Bugatti Circuit
4 - Valencia Street Circuit
5 - Hungaroring
6 - Surfers Paradise
7 - Bathurst
8 - Magny Cours
9 - Brno
10 - Lausitzring

Each race weekend will feature one qualifying session, and 3 races of 25% distance. These three races will all be held differently. Race 1 will use the grid from qualifying, the Race 2 grid will use the reversed results from Race 1, with drivers that retired starting from the back and Race 3 will use the grid from average finishing positions achieved in races 1 and 2. If two or more drivers have the same average for Race 3, Race 1 results will get priority.

The following point system will be used:
PT SYSTEM.PNG

VERY IMPORTANT! In the event of the occurrence of a game breaking bug - i.e. pitstop bug, drivers running out of fuel - the race results will be taken from an appropriate time, usually one sector prior to the bugs appearance. However if less then 75% race distance has been completed the results will be declared null and void.
What counts as "pitstop bug" - Only a few drivers pitting for a set of wets on the final lap, becoming the first and only drivers to do so; Drivers pitting on the final lap due to changing onto a set of wets, when the rest of the field is already on a new set of wets doesn't count towards the pitstop bug, as it's a mandatory pitstop.

The GPTCC reserves the right to alter the calendar where necessary. Driver mistakes value and rain chance for each track will be fixed, and announced by the game moderator.

C - Performance:
Drivers will be able to improve both their own and their cars abilities by buying upgrades. The base perf is set at 670bhp, 2200 chance of failure for the car and 16000 skill, and 250 variation/agressiveness for drivers. All new drivers entering the series will start with 1000$ to spend, and an extra 50$ for every race they missed. Drivers will not be able to purchase upgrades in between the races. You will be notified when the market opens and closes. The moderator will tag you if you have not made your purchases before the market closure.

Drivers will be rewarded the following amounts according to their finishing positions in the races:
RACE MONEY.PNG

*There is no pole bonus for starting from pole in Race 2 or 3

Drivers can carry over a maximum of 2000$ from one season to the next. Championship rewards don't get added on the budget - they are cut-off to 2000$ aswell. Anything extra you have will go to your bank account. The bank account is limited to 2000$.

You are able to buy the following upgrades:
BUYS.PNG

D - Sponsors
Drivers may also choose one qualifying and one race sponsor in order to boost their earnings:
Qualifying:
QUALI SPONSOR.PNG

Race:

RACE SPONSORS.PNG

Qualifying sponsor rewards are only given out in the first qualifying session. No qualifying rewards are given out for the Race 2 or 3 grids
** Race sponsor rewards are only given out to drivers who are classified as finishing the race. Any driver who retires from a race becomes illegible for receiving race sponsor rewards for that race.

After the result of the first race session of the season has been posted, drivers will only be allowed to change their sponsor if they pay the amount of money you gain if you achieve that sponsor objective. (ex. B->D on race costs 100$). You can only change 1 quali or race sponsor during the season, NOT both. For Sponsor "C" you actually need a teammate to get a reward.

E - Liveries
All liveries must display both the drivers's name and personal number.

Drivers are allowed to design and use their own helmets, please use the shape found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rtodu744fhh41di/Arai GP-5 RC 2008.rar
If you don't send a helmet, I will use the default helmet. Likewise drivers are free to design there own cars, if you want to design your own car drop the game moderator a private message, saying which manufacter you want to be running with (Audi, BMW and Mercedes are the available choices).
*Alcoholic beverages or tobacco are allowed.

You are also allowed to use a default livery. Here are all the default liveries you can use:
DTM_13_v2.jpg

* Livery updates during the season are allowed.
** Drivers are allowed to chose their own personal numbers from between 0 and 99 (including decimals!), with #1 being reserved for the series champion.

Liveries must be sent in TGA or PSD format, in any other format the livery will be considered not sent, and I will use a placeholder livery instead. If you have a good reason behind it, then tell me.
If you don't send a livery, I will use a placeholder livery that will contain only 2 colors by your choice. Don't expect this to be the work of art.

Pitcrew and racecrew templates can be found here:

http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/pBAbkE5l/file.html

Warnings:

@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham (1)
@Vimal Ana (1)
@Takuma Ishikawa (3)
@T.Yamaguchi (3)
@Costello (3)

Last edited:
Could you please tell me once more what your idea of the bank money was? And when to use it etc?;)
Based on the drivers championship last season.
Those who finished 6th-10th could use $250, 11th-15th $500, 16th-20th $750, 21st- $1000
Use before round 1

Based on the drivers championship last season.
Those who finished 6th-10th could use $250, 11th-15th $500, 16th-20th $750, 21st- $1000
Use before round 1
On top of the starting budget up till 2000? Or even if you have 2000, even adding up to that. So that'd make 3000 for those who finished 21st/22nd and of course if they have 2000.

that wasn't the point of bank money, the point of bank money was to allow people to catch up after a slow start. What you mentioned is the opposite of championship rewards.

Orrrrr, let everyone make a choice when they want to use their bank money, that means that when they feel they need it, they can use it. Maybe they can even spend little bits by race, so not everything in one go.

Though then the problem is, when can people start using it and who may use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%