Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see James knocking other cars off the circuit. Driving standards at 2KF1 have really improved recently :thumbsup:.
Not sure about that, championship wise one had a much larger impact. Obviously had nothing to lose firing into him, ey? :laugh:

Either way he is on thin ice in the organisation with some recent actions, so we won't be going into bat for his driving xD

• Deleted member 161052

"Pablo Diehl, Tim Engberink and James McNamara. Sanik Racing - and TJ Racing. The three Drivers' Title fighters and the two Constructors' Title fighters in the Grand Prix Touring Car Championship. The Drivers' Title is being bigger and bigger between Brazil, Netherlands and Australia. And in the constructors, it's between Sanik from Milos and TJ Racing from Tim. Who will be the Drivers' Champion, and who will be the Constructors' Champion? Find it out when the GPTCC Season 6 is live on 8th November 2015 in Aida, Japan."

and the season finale is up and running!
Damn, that was really unlucky for Diehl. Tim and his 0 retirements the entire year :rolleyes: Can really feel for Diehl, we had the pace, 2nd time in a row he misses out. Oh, and another 0 COF failure..
but at least we got the constructors' title baby!! :thumbsup:

:cry::cry::cry:, omg champion, lost for words really. Have to say a really good effort by Diehl to lead all the way into the final race, Sanik's end-season pace was PHENOMENAL. Thanks to Andy for supporting me and best of luck to him and his further team. Sanik here I come!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

P10! If the Race 1 bug didn't occur I'm pretty sure I would've started in a higher position. Pretty happy to have a decent fine-looking race weekend where I finished 10th two times despite a DNF. If Aida is coming to next season, it might be more exciting or better!

Really happy to see Sanik win the Constructors' Champion of the GPTCC, and when Engberink was the champion, in my opinion - it'll be safe to say - that is the title what he wanted when he was in Formula One in 1998 after losing it to Jack Hunsley.

These Dutch fans would be celebrating alot at Engberink's hometown :D, for hours.

and as a while has passed now, and everyone has seen it, here are the results.
bandicam 2015-11-08 18-09-20-595.jpg

bandicam 2015-11-08 18-09-28-314.jpg

as said already, Engberink is the champion, after achieving something trully remarkable and that is not retiring a single time. This is infact a record, no other driver has ever finished all the races in a single season.
His gap to Diehl is 7 points, as the Brazillian misses out for the second season in a row, despite being favourite for the title win coming into the first race in the GPTCC held at Aida.
Another man to miss out for the second year in succession is McNamara, he had little chances anyway to take it after race 2 but before the race even started, he was at the top aswell.
Interestingly, Diehl and McNamara finished in the exact same positions last season!
Ancevski will probably be looking back at the heartbraking moment at Bathurst, when he went from last to 3rd, and retired with 2 laps to go. Had it not been for that moment the title would have been his.
Meanwhile Sharp's late charge sort of worked, the Brit ended up in the top 5 after a tough season for the Falcon team.
Ishikawa's #1 driver strategy almost worked, with less DNFs to other guys, but the car lacked race pace and reliability late in the season. Sigoulakis suffered similar fate, however much earlier on.
bandicam 2015-11-08 18-09-33-408.jpg

In the constructors', it is clear Sanik Racing have been scoring a lot of points, apart from 3-4 weekends that ended up quite terrible for them. Their season was marked by early season misfortunes and struggles, but they would eventually overcome that at round 4. It should also be noted the team was stone dead last after race 1, so they did a last to first charge. The 12 fastest laps are also equal best with OMR in S4, who also had 12 fastest laps.
TJ meanwhile have been more consistent, they had the early season form that led to great results, and very good reliability on Engberink, not as good on Graham however!
2KF1's best moment was the Bathurst 1-2 that put them in the championship lead, that they managed to hold on to until round 9.
bandicam 2015-11-08 18-09-38-298.jpg

interestingly, the WCC winning team's manufacter ended up in last! Mercedes had two teams in the top 3 that eventually put them top, despite Team 2KF1 not performing well, but Audi had a lot more struggles. BMW came close but not close enough, Mercedes was on the class of their own.

let's look at some other interesting things now.

NOTE: In either graph, fastest laps and pole positions are not added.
bandicam 2015-11-08 18-10-08-096.jpg

it is clear in the WDC after 3 races Takuma had a massive lead, but McNamara soon closed up and built his own lead. However, the no points finishes around the rounds 8 and 9 burnt the lead, and put an amazing fight.
bandicam 2015-11-08 18-10-26-448.jpg

in the WCC, really only 2KF1 made a gap after Bathurst, that slowly started decreasing. Once Sanik were in control they never looked back again.

and for the final time let's see what the ending perfs were on S6
bandicam 2015-11-08 18-10-45-414.jpg

and also budgets, but this will be important for season 7. Championship rewards not added.
bandicam 2015-11-08 18-11-07-838.jpg

and there it is!
Season 6 is over, now Tim will take over in S7.
@Jimlaad43 can the HoF be updated?

Done

I can announce that unless that unless I get a top 2 CC or top 5 DC in S7, next season will be my last in the GPTCC.

I better be allowed to use my Bank money too...

and btw, bank money rules are the same as in the F1 sim.
You can use it if you are bottom half in the WDC, you can only use 500$. But, it is good to have more if you end a season with like 1000$ and have like 1500$ bank, your bank money will be filling up the race money until it reaches 2000$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%