Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to welcome James McNamara to the fold as he becomes the 17th driver on the grid, leaving just 4 driver slots left as Levret still hasn't filled out the form...

Meanwhile I'd like to welcome Xenforo to the team owners club with the entrance of Red Bull Racing to the grid, here's hoping he'll be as quick as he is the rfactor series. That leaves 2 team slots left.

A reminder that voting on the performance system, calendar and race 3 grid will close on the 20th and at the present time two of these votes are tied, hence why it is important - and extremely useful - to actually fill out the forms. :thumbsup:

I'd like to welcome James McNamara to the fold as he becomes the 17th driver on the grid, leaving just 4 driver slots left as Levret still hasn't filled out the form...

Meanwhile I'd like to welcome Xenforo to the team owners club with the entrance of Red Bull Racing to the grid, here's hoping he'll be as quick as he is the rfactor series. That leaves 2 team slots left.

A reminder that voting on the performance system, calendar and race 3 grid will close on the 20th and at the present time two of these votes are tied, hence why it is important - and extremely useful - to actually fill out the forms. :thumbsup:
Can you say which votes are tied? ;)

Final reminder that voting closes tomorrow and there is still nothing that has been decided. Also like to note here that if you do take part in the voting for those who haven't yet applied theres is no guarantee you'll make the grid, especially if you have a history of inactivity from season 1 and/or other series.

@oldwolf any thoughts on a livery yet?

EDIT: Also just realised that I really can't count :p

We have 1 team slot left with only Audi and Opel left along with 4 driver slots, I miscounted when I said there was only 4 left when McNamara and XenForo joined.

The voting is now closed, here are the results :thumbsup:

Season2Voting.png

As there was a tie for the race 3 grid we will be going with the 'reversing the top 10' format just for a change.

The voting is now closed, here are the results :thumbsup:

Season2Voting.png

As there was a tie for the race 3 grid we will be going with the 'reversing the top 10' format just for a change.
How did you decide on the Track tie of Algarve/Brno? Was it in order of the vote? ;)

How did you decide on the Track tie of Algarve/Brno? Was it in order of the vote? ;)

Random.org, exactly the same as last season ;)

Imo only Montreal deserves to go through :D mainly cuz it's my favourite track

But the reversed grid thing has just bumped me. Disallowing the backmarkers (like myself) to have a proper shot at taking a points finish. :thumbsdown:

You do remember that points go down to 15th right...

I realise this wouldn't be popular with everyone but as the votes were tied and we'd already had one season with the 'reverse the whole grid format' I figured a change would be nice, if just to try something new more than anything. Can't please everyone now can I ;)

You do remember that points go down to 15th right...
Yes... Did you even watch the F1 races (Steven's sim)? :p

And it's not that hard, just post a post here saying "like if you want top 10, agree if you want full grid". Easy, and simple ;)
-------
Give me a good season, and I'm not complaining :roflmao: lol

Yes... Did you even watch the F1 races (Steven's sim)? :p

And it's not that hard, just post a post here saying "like if you want top 10, agree if you want full grid". Easy, and simple ;)

Still, give me a good season, and I'm not complaining :roflmao:

I try to watch as much of Steven's races as possible, although I'm not sure what you're trying to get at there...

I also see no reason to have a revote and likewise I don't understand why you're dismissing a perfectly reasonable idea based on absolutely no experience as to how it would work just because those who perform badly in Race 1 and Race 2 won't get a free podium in Race 3 anymore. Backmarkers are backmarkers for a reason ;)

Long story short why not wait and see the idea in practice before dismissing it completely :thumbsup:

I expect a big gap with the top 10 reverse grid for race 3. I know that I originally was for this system, but considering the season 1 results I think those who'll finish the first races in the top 10 will most likely also end up in the top 10 of the final standings.

Also very sad to see Monaco in the calendar. I know that probably many of you guys like this track, but gp4 wise it sucks as it allows zero overtaking.

I expect a big gap with the top 10 reverse grid for race 3. I know that I originally was for this system, but considering the season 1 results I think those who'll finish the first races in the top 10 will most likely also end up in the top 10 of the final standings.

Also very sad to see Monaco in the calendar. I know that probably many of you guys like this track, but gp4 wise it sucks as it allows zero overtaking.

I understand that that is possible but with a few changes to the money system i.e. nerfing of the top half finish sponsor and increase in cost of BHP - among other changes, hopefully things will stay close until the end of the season :thumbsup:

Although I do have to agree with Monaco, especially as I'm the only one who'll be forced to sit through all three races :unsure:

I understand that that is possible but with a few changes to the money system i.e. nerfing of the top half finish sponsor and increase in cost of BHP - among other changes, hopefully things will stay close until the end of the season :thumbsup:

Although I do have to agree with Monaco, especially as I'm the only one who'll be forced to sit through all three races :unsure:
How about a quick agree/disagree question on whether to replace Monaco with one of the 4-votes-tracks? Except for Oulton Park (buggy cc-line) everyone of those should produce more exciting races.

Also a suggestion for S3, only one race per country, seeing that we have 2 races in Australia this season.

• Deleted member 161052

How many laps will there be in the Green Hell?

How about a quick agree/disagree question on whether to replace Monaco with one of the 4-votes-tracks? Except for Oulton Park (buggy cc-line) everyone of those should produce more exciting races.

Also a suggestion for S3, only one race per country, seeing that we have 2 races in Australia this season.

I like the one race per country suggestion, I tried my best to do this although as you pointed out as both Aussie races got more than 4 they slipped through. Also as much as I'd like to a have a re vote for Monaco it did get in under it's own merit so it'd be unfair in my opinion to chuck it out now. Hopefully when those who voted for it see how dreadfully dull the races are there they'll reconsider for season 3 :D

How many laps will there be in the Green Hell?

Not sure yet we'll have to wait and see, although I do have to mention that it's not as long as the real circuit do the track size limitations of GP4. However it is still comfortably the longest circuit on the calender and is equalling as challenging :thumbsup:

I agree with that. In the fully reversed grid, we can still see the top teams fighting to overtake the backmarkers. We could see action in Monaco for god sake!

I will wait to see the idea, but I have a feeling that the races will be even more dull than before.

Now I'm actually glad to see Monaco on the calendar. I'm one of those who voted for Monaco, as I was expecting a reversed race 3 grid totally (see above). Getting Nordscheife in there is also awesome, and of Algarve I never heard of.

I agree with that. In the fully reversed grid, we can still see the top teams fighting to overtake the backmarkers. We could see action in Monaco for god sake!

I will wait to see the idea, but I have a feeling that the races will be even more dull than before.

Now I'm actually glad to see Monaco on the calendar. I'm one of those who voted for Monaco, as I was expecting a reversed race 3 grid totally (see above). Getting Nordscheife in there is also awesome, and of Algarve I never heard of.
You won't see any action in Monaco, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back