Grand Prix 4 Simulated Career Season 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
Race Department Simulated Career Season 1996

Welcome to the Simulated Career Season 1996 presented by RaceDepartment. This game is powered by Grand Prix 4 made by Geoff Crammond & MicroProse.

Joining:
You can join whenever there's an empty seat (see the driver lineups further down), giving following information:

Driver name: (forename) (name)
Nationality:
Sponsor type: (qualif) (race)
First buys:

Waiting list:
@Vimal Ana

Activity:
You should make a post after every GP. This can be only your buys for next round, but an additional small statement about the previous race would also be very welcome.
Making posts like "all money on xxx until I say other" is allowed, however you're still required to make a post after every race (e.g. in form of a post race comment). This is to prevent having ghost drivers in this series.
An exception to this is if you're on holiday, or have any other reason that prevents you from making buys. Then of course you're not required to post after the races, but please notify your absence beforehand.
If you fail to post for several races in succession, you'll be removed from your race seat.

Helmets:
You're allowed to use your custom helmet. You'll find the things you need to paint one, as well as some short instructions, here: www.mediafire.com
Send me your painted helmets in .psd format via pm.
If you want, you can also use a helmet of a real driver. Just tell me which one in this case.
Liveries won't be updated, simply as that would take too much time.

Race weekends:
The races will be simulated by me with GP4. Every GP has 2 free practice sessions, the qualifying and the race. The weather is set random by the game.

Contracts:
Negotiations for new contracts will start with about 5 races to go. To receive a renewal from your current team, you should have
a) reached the objective set by the team, or at least be very close to it, and
b) have scored at least half of the points that have been necessary to reach the objective.

The better you're placed in the driver standings, the better the offers that you'll receive will be. When receiving an offer, you have 3 options: accept, decline, or wait. If you get an offer, and decide to wait, don't wait too long, else the team may approach other drivers.

The length of the contract is 1 year, always.

Point System:
Will follow the point system used in the respective F1 season, currently
1: 10 pts
2: 6 pts
3: 4 pts
4: 3 pts
5: 2 pts
6: 1 pt

Cash System & Rewards:
Newcomers start with 500$ + 50$ for every missed race in their pockets.
At the end of a season, every driver is allowed to carry over 1000$ plus the reward for the position in the final standings to the next season. You can decide yourself when you want to start saving money.
Left over money will be stored in the drivers bank account.
After half of a season, the drivers in the bottom half of the standings are allowed to use 500$ of their bank account to make buys. This is to give them a chance to close up a bit to the top.
The WCC reward that the teams get can only be used for teambuys=car upgrades.

Sponsors:
You can choose sponsors (one for quali, one for race) to gain extra money during a race weekend.
It's allowed to change one sponsor during the season, that means either quali or race, at the cost of the winnings. That means, that if for example you want to change from quali A to quali C, you have to pay 150$, or from race D to race B you have to pay 500$.

Market Place:
Between the GPs, you can buy upgrades for car and/or driver with the earned sponsor money. During a GP, you can't make any buys. You're not allowed to buy (driver)upgrades for your teammate.

The skill & variation buys always have to be a multiple of 5. This is to make it easier for me to update the performance file.
BHP and cof values have to be whole numbers.

Team Objectives:
00_1996_Objectives.PNG

Driver Lineup:
16-09-lineup.png

Standings:
16-06-standings.PNG

Race by race results:
16-07-rev1.PNG

16-08-rev2.PNG

Link to the Wiki

Last edited:
Quali Sponsor C
Race Sponsor A

request for a Mika Hakkinen helmet if possible

also, i notice the team order in the OP has them by our championship order, are the numbers on the cars going to be championship or historically based?

Quali Sponsor C
Race Sponsor A

request for a Mika Hakkinen helmet if possible

also, i notice the team order in the OP has them by our championship order, are the numbers on the cars going to be championship or historically based?
I can use your GPGSL helmet if you want :)

As for the numbers, if I'd do that, that would mean no trackspecific stuff (like NT liveries, low-downforce shapes for Hockenheim&Monza etc.). Else I'd have to change about 10 liveries per team.

• Deleted member 161052

Quali BHP +1
Race BHP +1
Quali skill +10
Race skill +10

Sponsors
Quali A
Race C

Team Spending (Agree with this post @Diehl if you're happy with them)
Quali BHP + 2
Race BHP + 2

My Spending
Quali Skill + 35
Race Skill + 20

I would be happy with a top 3 in the championship this year, but my aim is the title.

I'll use the same helmet as last year.

Also, I think team money for Williams and Ferrari is too much. They can easily streak away again with that much, not giving anyone else a chance and the same people will take the titles again.

Ferrari should have 1200 and Williams 1500, which still gives them an advantage, but not a whole new class of an advantage.

Also, I think team money for Williams and Ferrari is too much. They can easily streak away again with that much, not giving anyone else a chance and the same people will take the titles again.

Ferrari should have 1200 and Williams 1500, which still gives them an advantage, but not a whole new class of an advantage.
That's how it has always been, I've extra checked the old threads for this.

In my opinion that's more down to the sponsor choice of the drivers combined with the buys they make. Expect for Tyrrell from 88-93 there have been a lot changes in the order I think.
Unbenannt.PNG

Can we at least try it for this season please. As we are having some rule changes, this could just be another to make it a little bit fairer on others and stop (well, reduce slightly) the same people doing well each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%