Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I was looking at my page on the wiki and just noticed something: The first and last time I won (so far) was in the same place (Barcelona, Spain) and 10 years apart (1992 and 2002) :coffee: :roflmao:

You know, I was looking at my page on the wiki and just noticed something: The first and last time I won (so far) was in the same place (Barcelona, Spain) and 10 years apart (1992 and 2002) :coffee: :roflmao:
You do remember that you won the season opener last weekend? :p:roflmao:

Last edited:
2003 Malaysian GP
5ezNsjf.png

Renault lock-out front row
Impressive quali performance by the Renault team, Ben Utzer scored his 18th career pole ahead of teammate Martins. Keranen had a splendid lap to snatch 3rd, ahead of 1st round winner Goddard. Kederer got 5th ahead of the McLarens of Hunsley and Laad. Mishra put his Toyota in 8th, Rinneaho and Said complete the top 10.

2003 Malaysian GP
34Uwkzs.png

wg43uCY.png

Keranen still has what it takes
It's been a long time since Aidan Keranen has won a race, over 6 years ago at the '96 Portuguese GP. Today he did it again, in only his 2nd race for Jaguar. With him on the podium Kederer and Brugman, the latter now holds the championship lead.
At the start of the race the Renaults could hold on to the 1-2, with Keranen right behind. Kederer got past Goddard, whose race was over only 1 lap later when his gearbox failed. Some entertaining first laps with many position changes and driving mistakes followed. Engberink was involved twice, first a contact with Noack in turn 1 which sent him to last, then he spun off in turn 6 in the same lap, and had to pit for a new wing. Keranen was up to 2nd after passing Martins, and made that 1st when Utzer spun off from the lead in turn 14, lap 6, dropping him to 2nd last. Both McLarens also with mistakes which dropped them down the order. Around lap 10 Omer Said retired with an engine failure from P7. A few laps later Rinneaho, who had worked up to 2nd, suffered the same fate as his teammate and retired with a gearbox failure. Martins got 2nd handed back, but couldn't enjoy it for long as his engine blew up soon after.
First round of stops came, during which Reed crashed out and Laskey retired with a broken suspension. Keranen kept 1st, now with Heymans, Brugman and Diehl behind him, who were on a one stop strategy and yet to pit. Diehl didn't make it that far, he retired with a loose wheel a bit before the halfway point. Brugman and Heymans pitted, handing 2nd to Kederer and 3rd to Black. Behind them were Mishra, Harvey, Buurlage. Brugman and Heymans followed in 7th and 8th.
Final stops for the 2 stoppers came, a gap of 20 seconds to 2nd meant that Keranen lost the lead only briefly. The top 3 remained unchanged, Brugman was up to 4th, behind him Mishra, Heymans, Harvey, Buurlage, Noack and Hunsley. A mistake close to the end dropped Heymans behind Harvey and Buurlage. With 2 laps to go Black made a mistake as well, when he got back on track he was all the way down in 13th.

FIA Press Conference
@Aidan Keranen: How does it feel to be back at the top step after such a long time?
@Donaldinho105: One stop strategy worked great for you, did you go for that because of the rather mediocre qualifying?
@oorjit07: A career best 4th place for you, is the car good for regular top 8 results?

Market is open!

2003 Malaysian GP
34Uwkzs.png

wg43uCY.png

Keranen still has what it takes
It's been a long time since Aidan Keranen has won a race, over 6 years ago at the '96 Portuguese GP. Today he did it again, in only his 2nd race for Jaguar. With him on the podium Kederer and Brugman, the latter now holds the championship lead.
At the start of the race the Renaults could hold on to the 1-2, with Keranen right behind. Kederer got past Goddard, whose race was over only 1 lap later when his gearbox failed. Some entertaining first laps with many position changes and driving mistakes followed. Engberink was involved twice, first a contact with Noack in turn 1 which sent him to last, then he spun off in turn 6 in the same lap, and had to pit for a new wing. Keranen was up to 2nd after passing Martins, and made that 1st when Utzer spun off from the lead in turn 14, lap 6, dropping him to 2nd last. Both McLarens also with mistakes which dropped them down the order. Around lap 10 Omer Said retired with an engine failure from P7. A few laps later Rinneaho, who had worked up to 2nd, suffered the same fate as his teammate and retired with a gearbox failure. Martins got 2nd handed back, but couldn't enjoy it for long as his engine blew up soon after.
First round of stops came, during which Reed crashed out and Laskey retired with a broken suspension. Keranen kept 1st, now with Heymans, Brugman and Diehl behind him, who were on a one stop strategy and yet to pit. Diehl didn't make it that far, he retired with a loose wheel a bit before the halfway point. Brugman and Heymans pitted, handing 2nd to Kederer and 3rd to Black. Behind them were Mishra, Harvey, Buurlage. Brugman and Heymans followed in 7th and 8th.
Final stops for the 2 stoppers came, a gap of 20 seconds to 2nd meant that Keranen lost the lead only briefly. The top 3 remained unchanged, Brugman was up to 4th, behind him Mishra, Heymans, Harvey, Buurlage, Noack and Hunsley. A mistake close to the end dropped Heymans behind Harvey and Buurlage. With 2 laps to go Black made a mistake as well, when he got back on track he was all the way down in 13th.

FIA Press Conference
@Aidan Keranen: How does it feel to be back at the top step after such a long time?
@Donaldinho105: One stop strategy worked great for you, did you go for that because of the rather mediocre qualifying?
@oorjit07: A career best 4th place for you, is the car good for regular top 8 results?

Market is open!
Yeah, It's a great result for me and for the team, and considering the fact that Matteo was in the top 8 even when he made a mistake, I think that our car is definitely good enough for consistent top 8 finishes, and maybe even a podium.

FIA Press Conference
@Aidan Keranen: How does it feel to be back at the top step after such a long time?​
It feels right Tobias, just right. Utterly massive effort for the entire Jaguar squad to get results this early. We knew we had a strong package and the way quali went was fantastic. We need to work on Aaron's speed, but I'm confident that it'll happen soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back