rF2 Grand Opening @ Various Tracks - Thursday January 12, 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Ahh Ok

In which case then I'll have to sign out:( I havn't practiced the Spa circuit and I don't want to be a total liability, I've got to go out at 9:15 so I'll miss the Monaco race

Not to worry, I'm sure they'll be many more races to come:)

Jim

Hmmmmm after a bit of first turn chaos, I started to get going and then Lap 2, everyone just vanished, even on hud, disco???? very odd.

I jumped out as it was hopeless :( Shame, but will try again soon :)

Guys, thanks for a great time--had a lot of fun on the Server and TeamSpeak. Sorry I had to take off--needed to pick my daughters up from school. Cheers...

I heard some of the comments and issues you all were speaking about--I tried to jot down them as I heard them, but PLEASE, if you all could find time to make a post in the beta forums I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, I'll see what I can do about having no way out of the fields... but REALLY you shouldn't be down there in the first place ;) <jk> Maybe I can punch a few holes here and there or we could come up with some kind of reset button to put you on the track when it's clear...

Edit: By the way, during qualifying I was racing along behind someone and they disappeared. Next thing I know I heard someone saying they got punted. If that was me, sorry about that--you were no where to be seen...

Well, Thanks for your hospitality tonight.

I was unfortunate enough to get whacked off track on the last restart and never made turn 3 :( Guess me being a noobie to the RD 'clique ' leaves me without a voice and trapped against a fence without a reset to track button :( ^^ see Scotts post above. Those bails are a tad on the sensitive side I guess. Thanks to Dave Begley for offering to be a tractor on lap 2, had to decline the offer as you would have gotten stuck too.

A good night all in all that led up to total misery for me after such anticipation, but thats racing for ya... hope you all enjoyed Spa!

Edit: went back and spectated after feeling sorry for myself for 5 mins.... wow... what a fantastic experience... had real fun when the sun went down watch the remaing few fumble around guessing where the track was.

Thanks for a fun evening.

the megane race at malaysia was good fun. Didnt really get to know the track until a couple laps into the race and i really enjoyed it. The entry to the second to last turn on the short layout is exciting to say the least :p

Yeah sorry for being late guys, completely forgot. First time with the track but the tyre model completely impressed me during this race. Could really feel grip increasing and decreasing throughout the race. Excellent track manners as always at RD. Thanks guys, when is the next one, totally hooked to this game

Bit of a messy night around the starts of the races, some really need to take it more easy as there is nothing to win in eau rouge except for eating tons of hay :)

When we finally got the race it was awesome with the F3. Had an amazing fight with Gary Lennon chasing eachother down the straights until all of a sudden the night kicked in :)

At first it looked very much doable but when it turned pitch black this openwheeler race turned into a skill enduro trying to find your way. Eventually Nick Deeley won but it seems he cheated as in our server logs it clearly showed he created a flashlight mod :)

flashlight.gif

Lets hope somebody has made a lot of pictures of this night as it was great fun with you all on ts3 :) Congrats to Nick :)

Yep, thanks guys for really fun night on the server and TS.
The night enduro was awesome!!!;)
Shame about all the first corner antics.........3 restarts later and we were still driving into eau rouge playing dodge the haybail!

Guys, thanks for a great time--had a lot of fun on the Server and TeamSpeak. Sorry I had to take off--needed to pick my daughters up from school. Cheers...

I heard some of the comments and issues you all were speaking about--I tried to jot down them as I heard them, but PLEASE, if you all could find time to make a post in the beta forums I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, I'll see what I can do about having no way out of the fields... but REALLY you shouldn't be down there in the first place ;) <jk> Maybe I can punch a few holes here and there or we could come up with some kind of reset button to put you on the track when it's clear...

Edit: By the way, during qualifying I was racing along behind someone and they disappeared. Next thing I know I heard someone saying they got punted. If that was me, sorry about that--you were no where to be seen...

We had a good time in practice with the slipstreaming! :D

When we finally got the race it was awesome with the F3. Had an amazing fight with Gary Lennon chasing eachother down the straights until all of a sudden the night kicked in :)
I was looking at your race, Bram (getting a hike on your cockpit) :). Really nice chases.
I tried to participate in the race, but it started to rain *(really, not in the game) and all of a sudden I got a power outage (grrrrrr) during the practice. When back all that I could do was only watch. Really nice race. Just before the night was fun.

Too bad I lost a setup that someone sent to me, too. Didn't save it before the outage.

Next time, maybe.

More or less all my settings just now are a bit of a W.I.P.,but despite that rF2 is very very playable,for me it doesnt need much imagination to visualise the final product,the 66's F1 at Spa was a lovely stroll down memory lane with a GPL'esque smile on my face at all times!,but yea.....those bails became a headache,maybe a future addition could be some kind of "virtual invisible marshal" to remove track debris within a user defined time?,on saying that,i had some lovely very realistic big loses clipping a bail or two :).
Really major doses of fun when we all went F3!!! omg what little dream cars to race,annoyed i ruined my Spa gearing though!!...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%