rF2 Grand-Am Prototypes @ Road Atlanta - Thu July 22nd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
OK :)
Just by the way, is that 8 laps of fuel that's in the fixed setup not changable for the start of the race?
In which case, that would only get us about a third through the race, so we would have to do 2/3rds of a race after the first pitstop...

got a mismatch at RD but can join other servers, that means RD got a special version, plus no mandatory cockpit view even at rfactor, no manuals is not SIM enough for me so please sign me out

got a mismatch at RD but can join other servers, that means RD got a special version, plus no mandatory cockpit view even at rfactor, no manuals is not SIM enough for me so please sign me out
No manuals? You can use manual shift (gear shifter), you can use a cockpit view, and the version you need to download is at the top of the thread.

He means manual gearbox is not forced (I actually don't know anyone who uses auto anyway) and neither is cockpit view.

Yes we do have a slighty edited version - specified in the download if you had looked - as we are fixed setup I had to even out some gears.

Well that's a bit off not racing because some stuff isn't forced :/ I mean, you could use them if you wanted to be more sim...
It's not like we have noob aids like TC or ABS enabled is it?

Personally, I'm sequential stick shifting and heel toeing with this mod, although I might switch to gated if I discover that I need that downshifting capability to bring the back round, but I don't think I do, since I can clutch-dive it into the corners, and the sequential stick shift is faster. I don't get on with paddles at all.

Personally, as someone who does use an auto gearbox for eveything except Caterhams and the Clio's I love the RD servers because there doesn't seem to be the same stuck up attitude when it comes to using it, unlike the vast majority of other servers. God forbid anyone using a auto gearbox to allow themselves to have fun racing.

Personally, as someone who does use an auto gearbox for eveything except Caterhams and the Clio's I love the RD servers because there doesn't seem to be the same stuck up attitude when it comes to using it, unlike the vast majority of other servers. God forbid anyone using a auto gearbox to allow themselves to have fun racing.
Can I ask why you have never got round to using manual? :)

OK :)
Just by the way, is that 8 laps of fuel that's in the fixed setup not changable for the start of the race?
In which case, that would only get us about a third through the race, so we would have to do 2/3rds of a race after the first pitstop...

If you read the post you'd realise that pitting is mandatory

.....was the slowest on the grid, but manage to take the car at home and so i finished 7th!!! :D

i'm happy also if for me that race was boring because i was lapped few times and anyone was near me for doing fights.....also because i was the slowest!!! :D

i think that my driving style isn't good with this cars.....maybe need some more training next time don't know!!! btw for sure i will try also the next week!!! ;)

Good racing tonight with these cars. They dont really suit me. To much drifting to go fast but still fun. :)

Q: 8th. Didnt get a good lap in when i even had 20 min time. Lol

Race:

Start went oke got some places. After that a long battle with Lee until the pitstop.
I decided to gamble and only take fuel where Lee took Fuel and Tyres. After everybody made there pitstop i was 3th with Kjell behind me.
Thought oh thats a matter of a couple of laps before i passes me. But it lasted longer then expected. :D
He got me finally on the long straight. After that i managed to gap to Lee abit on his fresh tyres and survived that.

Pff quite tired to see 3 days in a row Lee in my mirror. :D

Thanks for racing guys. :)

Q in last position but good feeling in race go in pit and when return on track im in 7th but had Chris Butcher behind me my wheels is cold and so let pass him ( was doubled ) in T6 Chris lost your car slide and we had a contact my car suffered front wheels so again pit 42sec.
return on track and finished in 10th,hope next time little bit more lucky.:)

Congrat to Podium

Thanks Ryan,Ivo and RD for events

God I love these cars. Couldn't get a good lap in quali so started (no idea actualy). Had a poor start Nick and a few others got past but was able to get back past Nick once tyres and brakes were upto temp. Was catching the Ivo, Adam, Kjell scrap before Adam lost it this put me 5th behind Ivo. Managed to close the gap but wasn't able to pass. In the end we came into the pits together. Ivo didn't take tyres so managed to pull a gap out to me and jump Kjell in the stops I beilive. My race from there on in was trying to close down Ivo. In the early parts he had good pace and I didnt make much progress towards the end I start to make more (persume his tyres gone off) but wasn't enough finished 5th after a brilliant race. I think I made 1 mistake all race so am very optimistic for RDLMS.

Thanks for Ryan / Ivo for organizing. To Ivo for some brilliant fun not only today but the last 3 days. To all else for racing :)

Well i have mix feelings about this mod, mostly related to ffb, my wheel was very light almost like i didn't have ffb only on kerbs did come to life, maybe i should try realfeel with this mod.

Had good fun anyway fighting with Toby for most of the race till he got pc problems and i was gifted the lead.

Thx Ivo and RD for this event.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back