News Gran Turismo Officially Acts Against Wallriding Exploit

Come on guys let's differentiate here for just a minute. If you are talking about a league where you and some buddies race on whatever nite even if there is a few bucks up for grabs then I agree using an exploit is out of bounds.

However at the professional level sim racing is just another discipline of racing. To quote Dale Jr. "If you ain't cheatin you ain't trying."

Michael Schumacher blatantly cheated with traction and launch control where they "removed the menu item" yet kept the functionality.

Jimmy Johnson got caught blatantly cheating I can't count how many times.

Jeff Gordon & Dale Earnhardt. Well their crew chiefs have wrote a book and did a speaking tour about how they used to cheat.

When you view sim racing as a hobby I can see where you are coming from. It can be enjoyed as a hobby but what it truly is another racing discipline. In the analog world you exploit the grey areas of the rule book. In the digital world you exploit the game engine where you can.

I can put it another way. I use bass shakers to tell me when I'm slipping the tires and almost no force feedback. I could build a full motion sim and use a direct drive wheel. I don't because my objective is to be the fastest sim racer I can be. While more "realistic" those things would make me slower so I don't use them. By some of your definitions I should be sanctioned for this?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%