Gran Turismo Officially Acts Against Wallriding Exploit

Come on guys let's differentiate here for just a minute. If you are talking about a league where you and some buddies race on whatever nite even if there is a few bucks up for grabs then I agree using an exploit is out of bounds.

However at the professional level sim racing is just another discipline of racing. To quote Dale Jr. "If you ain't cheatin you ain't trying."

Michael Schumacher blatantly cheated with traction and launch control where they "removed the menu item" yet kept the functionality.

Jimmy Johnson got caught blatantly cheating I can't count how many times.

Jeff Gordon & Dale Earnhardt. Well their crew chiefs have wrote a book and did a speaking tour about how they used to cheat.

When you view sim racing as a hobby I can see where you are coming from. It can be enjoyed as a hobby but what it truly is another racing discipline. In the analog world you exploit the grey areas of the rule book. In the digital world you exploit the game engine where you can.

I can put it another way. I use bass shakers to tell me when I'm slipping the tires and almost no force feedback. I could build a full motion sim and use a direct drive wheel. I don't because my objective is to be the fastest sim racer I can be. While more "realistic" those things would make me slower so I don't use them. By some of your definitions I should be sanctioned for this?

RaceDepartment Store

Trak Racer Black Anodized Aluminium Sim-Rig Integrated Single Monitor Stand - For Monitors and TVs up to 80" with centre monitor profile 800mm / 31.5" long Trak Racer Monitor Stands suit most monitors on the market with VESA Mounting Points (75/100/150/200/300/400mm) and come with a 5-year...
  • Featured
RaceDepartment
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Reviews
FANATEC® Direct-Drive technology comes to the CSL Series. From subtle sidewall flex to powerful self-aligning torque, you’ll feel everything with a heightened sense of realism. Exceptionally crisp and dynamic force feedback sensations await. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 479,95 Features...
Trak Racer Black Anodized Aluminium Sim-Rig Integrated Triple Monitor Stand For 3 Monitors and TVs up to 32" with centre monitor profile 800mm / 31.5" long Trak Racer Monitor Stands suit most monitors on the market with VESA Mounting Points (75/100/150/200/300/400mm) and come with a 5-year...
Use the ClubSport Handbrake Clamp Adapter in combination with a ClubSport Shifter Table Clamp (not included) to mount the ClubSport Handbrake to a table vertically or horizontally. The hole pattern and the slotted holes provide adjustability for your preferences. Buy now from Fanatec.com for...
Make your Fanatec steering wheel unique with fully customisable button caps. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 29,95 Choose the colour of a button cap, then choose the background colour of the insert, and finally the symbol or text in either white or black, allowing for more than 20,000...
The ClubSport Shifter is entirely made of metal, which equates to mean: built-in quality, durability and reliability. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 259,95 Features Full metal construction Ultra realistic shifting experience 7 gear H-Pattern mode Reverse gear with inhibitor to prevent...