GT7 Gran Turismo 7 | Release Delayed Until 2022

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Bad days for Gran Turismo fans recently as the iconic Japanese franchise has reportedly decided to delay release of GT7 for another 12 months, putting go live day well into 2022 at the very earliest.

A cult franchise on the Sony PlayStation console, the Gran Turismo series of games represents the flagship racing title on console, and one of the most popular racing games in the history of the virtual sport. Often featuring some of the most impressive graphics of the racing game genre, and with an enviable collection of exotic cars from many manufacturers, it is fair to say that console racing fans have been eagerly anticipating the release of this new game - yet it seems like that wait will have to continue a little while longer following the recent statement.

GT7 Middle.jpg

No release date for the game has been confirmed by Polyphony Digital at the time of writing, except to say it should be available to purchase in 2022.

As they say, all good things come to those who wait....

Gran Turismo 7 is set to release on PlayStation 5 in 2022.

Start a thread, get the conversation going! Head over to the Gran Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment to chat about the franchise with fellow fans of the game!

GT7 Footer.jpg

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
Rather have Finished Game later than a unfinished Earlier

Wishful thinking, the choice, judging by any other sim release in the last 5 years it is either unfinished earlier or unfinished later.
Even though GT2 is what sparked my interest in simulation driving and fulfil it until GT6, when I switched to NetKar pro and PC, my only interest in GT7 would be for a PC version with VR.
I hope GT7 ans PS5 sparkle interest in our awesome hobby to many newcomers.

Last edited:
While waiting to have a PS5 lol, you can vote to see it arrive on PC.

BP

Premium
when I switched to NetKar pro and PC, my only interest in GT7 would be for a PC version with VR.
While waiting to have a PS5 lol, you can vote to see it arrive on PC.

Will never happen. Gran Turismo sells Playstations. It's one of the few series that has a big impact on their console sales, so It'll always be a Sony console exclusive. That's almost like Nintendo giving Mario away.

I agree that they should polish and deliver a bug-free game vs. rushing it out. The industry can't handle another Cyberpunk 2077 :roflmao:

Last edited:
Will never happen. Gran Turismo sells Playstations. It's one of the few series that has a big impact on their console sales, so It'll always be a Sony console exclusive. That's almost like Nintendo giving Mario away.

I agree that they should polish and deliver a bug-free game vs. rushing it out. The industry can't handle another Cyberpunk 2077 :roflmao:
Funny you should say that. Nintendo started releasing some Mario games for Android and iOS a couple years ago. Not much so far, but their mobile version of Mario Kart seems to be pretty good. I'm guessing these are meant to capture people that won't buy a Switch and/or get people interested in Mario games so they will buy a Switch. And I think we all agree that a PC version of Gran Turismo wouldn't help attract anyone to a PS5

Last edited:

BP

Premium
Funny you should say that. Nintendo started releasing some Mario games for Android and iOS a couple years ago. Not much so far, but their mobile version of Mario Kart seems to be pretty good. I'm guessing these are meant to capture people that won't buy a Switch and/or get people interested in Mario games so they will buy a Switch. And I think we all agree that a PC version of Gran Turismo wouldn't help attract anyone to a PS5

That is true, but they won't release a full blown "Nintendo console level" Mario game on anything other than their console. Having said that, Nintendo isn't as strong as they used to be (although the Switch made a big impact in turning things around)...but Sony isn't exactly "on the ropes"; they're arguably the strongest console maker of all time and the scarcity of PS5's in the wild is further reinforcing that (I know post-COVID chip production has a big impact on that as well, but still).

racetobi

Premium
Wishful thinking, the choice, judging by any other sim release in the last 5 years it is either unfinished earlier or unfinished later.
Even though GT2 is what sparked my interest in simulation driving and fulfil it until GT6, when I switched to NetKar pro and PC, my only interest in GT7 would be for a PC version with VR.
I hope GT7 ans PS5 sparkle interest in our awesome hobby to many newcomers.
GTS was also delayed so lets hope i guess

I hope that all arcade racing games like Gran Turismo will be delayed forever :)

long life GTR 2 and ACC !

Oh please, not this again. I really don't understand a lot of the negativity towards "Arcade" racing games on this forum.

Sure the forum is more about simulation than arcade, that has to be said, but games like GT, which I personally class as more sim than arcade, are the reason that a lot of us ended up here exploring the more sim like games like AC, ACC and rFactor.

I've got a real soft spot for GT - it's ultimately what led me here, I'll be getting it and a ps5 as soon as it's released

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Oh please, not this again. I really don't understand a lot of the negativity towards "Arcade" racing games on this forum.
Agreed, back in the late nineties I remember GT 1 and Toca were great racing games, along with GPL they were my goto ones. I t's easy to forget how limited our choices were back then and as you say how many of our sim racers were drawn in by these and others that are considered "arcade".

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000