GT7 Gran Turismo 7 | Release Delayed Until 2022

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Bad days for Gran Turismo fans recently as the iconic Japanese franchise has reportedly decided to delay release of GT7 for another 12 months, putting go live day well into 2022 at the very earliest.

A cult franchise on the Sony PlayStation console, the Gran Turismo series of games represents the flagship racing title on console, and one of the most popular racing games in the history of the virtual sport. Often featuring some of the most impressive graphics of the racing game genre, and with an enviable collection of exotic cars from many manufacturers, it is fair to say that console racing fans have been eagerly anticipating the release of this new game - yet it seems like that wait will have to continue a little while longer following the recent statement.

GT7 Middle.jpg

No release date for the game has been confirmed by Polyphony Digital at the time of writing, except to say it should be available to purchase in 2022.

As they say, all good things come to those who wait....

Gran Turismo 7 is set to release on PlayStation 5 in 2022.

Start a thread, get the conversation going! Head over to the Gran Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment to chat about the franchise with fellow fans of the game!

GT7 Footer.jpg

Agreed Kenny. Rolls and rolls of quarters went this old girl when I was a kid, I know you remember it too ;)
All our sim passion started somewhere, was here for me. "kids" got it so rough these days :D

4k6c.jpg

I'm a bit too young for that one, but Sega's Virtua Racing in the early 90's is what hooked me in (followed by Daytona USA and Sega Rally Championship later). I still play them on emulator occasionally.

Amazing that this POS is still around in 2021 !

Hopefully it will be delayed until 2121 ;)

Stop being elitist, it's not a good look.

GT got so many of us into racing and cars, one way or another... regardless of how 'realistic' it is I'm looking forward to the GT7, and I hope Polyphony can make a polished, fun experience where we can race and mess with car tuning etc. just like GT4, GT5. Best of luck to them!

Praying this does eventually get released though, and doesn't turn into vaporware.

GT is what it is. Personally I think it is great FOR WHAT IT IS.

I'll never forget buying it on launch day from Dixons (remember those?) for £49.99 and being blown away by it. Ok I had Indycar and F1GP2 and maybe Nascar was out then but to have that amount of cars and tracks and freedom to tune them set it aside. I only had a wheel for the PC so just played on the joypad but it was enthralling stuff, the lighting seemed revolutionary at the time. I love just watching the replays whilst Feeder or Ash played.

One thing for sure is that it will be the next graphical yardstick. Stuff like Rfactor and Raceroom (which I love) will look increasing tired in the next couple of years and I reckon GT will make ACC look last gen as well.

GT is what it is. Personally I think it is great FOR WHAT IT IS.

I'll never forget buying it on launch day from Dixons (remember those?) for £49.99 and being blown away by it. Ok I had Indycar and F1GP2 and maybe Nascar was out then but to have that amount of cars and tracks and freedom to tune them set it aside. I only had a wheel for the PC so just played on the joypad but it was enthralling stuff, the lighting seemed revolutionary at the time. I love just watching the replays whilst Feeder or Ash played.

One thing for sure is that it will be the next graphical yardstick. Stuff like Rfactor and Raceroom (which I love) will look increasing tired in the next couple of years and I reckon GT will make ACC look last gen as well.

I remember popping down to my local independant video game store to get CMR1 and then seeing GT1 being demoed. Ended up leaving with GT1 and a dual shock controller. CMR1 lost a sale that day.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%