GT7 Gran Turismo 7 | Release Delayed Until 2022

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Bad days for Gran Turismo fans recently as the iconic Japanese franchise has reportedly decided to delay release of GT7 for another 12 months, putting go live day well into 2022 at the very earliest.

A cult franchise on the Sony PlayStation console, the Gran Turismo series of games represents the flagship racing title on console, and one of the most popular racing games in the history of the virtual sport. Often featuring some of the most impressive graphics of the racing game genre, and with an enviable collection of exotic cars from many manufacturers, it is fair to say that console racing fans have been eagerly anticipating the release of this new game - yet it seems like that wait will have to continue a little while longer following the recent statement.

GT7 Middle.jpg

No release date for the game has been confirmed by Polyphony Digital at the time of writing, except to say it should be available to purchase in 2022.

As they say, all good things come to those who wait....

Gran Turismo 7 is set to release on PlayStation 5 in 2022.

Start a thread, get the conversation going! Head over to the Gran Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment to chat about the franchise with fellow fans of the game!

GT7 Footer.jpg

Very long delay. Why? Perhaps to improve the graphics? By that video, they don't look better
than what we have in ACC, do they? The interior of the car is similar and the trackside
objects and the trees are not impressive either...

Esse Gran Turismo é sempre mais do mesmo. Até enjoa.
Mod Edit: English please as per our ToS.
This Gran Turismo is always more of the same. It even makes you sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
GT gets delayed every time, so no surprise. usually they have an interim title like gt prelude or gt sport, and they tell you it will be out by fall or holiday season or first quarter of next year, and then it gets delayed again. I have no reason to buy a PS5 now. I was waiting for GT and psvr2 , and they have both been delayed til 2022. Forza can be played on PC, with triple screens no less, so do not need xbox either. Graphics have matured to the point that they look great on every racing game or sim. I don't really care about ray tracing.

Agreed, back in the late nineties I remember GT 1 and Toca were great racing games, along with GPL they were my goto ones. I t's easy to forget how limited our choices were back then and as you say how many of our sim racers were drawn in by these and others that are considered "arcade".

Agreed Kenny. Rolls and rolls of quarters went this old girl when I was a kid, I know you remember it too ;)
All our sim passion started somewhere, was here for me. "kids" got it so rough these days :D

4k6c.jpg

Ahh, TOCA, what a good series. Back when I had an OG Xbox/360 TOCA and Project Gotham Racing were my "go to's". They're definitely not quite "Sim" games but they offer a lot, especially when they released, that racing "games" still employ today. I never had the space or the money for a Sim Rig growing up, technically still don't have the space, but if I didn't have those to play, I probably wouldn't have built up to what I do now.

Well there is hardly any PS5 consoles available to play on.
Certainly not the millions they hoped to sell.
So they can't sell as many titles as they want/need.
When it would come out, harly anybody can play it online.
Than somewhere at the end of the year when there are enough Paystations sold this would already be an old title going for the dicount bin.

Last edited:
Good news to have this confirmed, as some were expecting a late 21 release.

Does mean when the (more than likely) 2nd delay arrives we will be closer to an actual launch. As others also point out, PS5 ownership is not at the levels to ensure high level of sales.

GT being delayed and delayed is normal
The situation with console availability isn't

Would be nice to see more of the title in the coming months, I do expect it visually to be one of the best to date.

Last edited:
Very long delay. Why? Perhaps to improve the graphics? By that video, they don't look better
than what we have in ACC, do they? The interior of the car is similar and the trackside
objects and the trees are not impressive either...
The official reason is COVID, which makes sense. PD usually travel all over the world to collect data, not so easy right now. I rather see the game delayed than having them risk their health.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%