GT7 Gran Turismo 7 | Check Out The First Next Gen Gran Turismo 7 Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Polyphony Digital and Sony have revealed the very first trailer for Gran Turismo 7 - set to debut on the next generation Sony PS 5, likely set to launch towards the end of the year.

We all pretty much knew the brand new PS5 would feature the latest and greatest from Polyphony Digital, and it looks like the developers haven't let fans down with the announcement on Thursday that the brand new Gran Turismo game will be released on the next generation console platform - the seventh instalment of the popular GT franchise.

Furthermore, Polyphony Digital also released a brand new reveal trailer, giving fans their first opportunity to see the new game in all of it's visual glory. For those wondering, yes, it does look rather tasty...

Firm details about the game have yet to be revealed, including content lists and release date, but no doubt Sony will continue drip feeding information to the hungry Gran Turismo player base over the coming weeks and months.

Gran Turismo 7 is set to launch on Sony PlayStation 5 at some point in the next few months.

Stay tuned to the GT7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions about this exciting new console racer.

GT7 1.jpg

Just sharing the info, or videos that help highlight the differences if that's okay?
I've seen several highlight videos but its not your info that is criticized but the fact the only PS5 improvement seems to be raytracing. GT7 barely looked different from GT sports to me, and if you look in the trailer, mirrors inside mirror reflections appear totally black, and the draw distance for lights seem rather short.
I like the SSD and all, but i really think they should have waited for more tech improvements before making a new console. From now on the new generation of console is less about the powerhouse and more about power efficiency, or running higher framerates, or resolutions, or VR.

I've seen several highlight videos but its not your info that is criticized but the fact the only PS5 improvement seems to be raytracing. GT7 barely looked different from GT sports to me, and if you look in the trailer, mirrors inside mirror reflections appear totally black, and the draw distance for lights seem rather short.
I like the SSD and all, but i really think they should have waited for more tech improvements before making a new console. From now on the new generation of console is less about the powerhouse and more about power efficiency, or running higher framerates, or resolutions, or VR.

What are you talking about, these consoles are a major step up from current offerings.

Clearly GT7 is going to look better than GT Sport as the differences in each system are quite a lot and visually how does GT Sport already stack up to most PC titles?

Every GT on the PS platform has utilized the capabilities of each console rather well so I very much expect GT7, especially from a visual perspective will too. May I remind you that from being able to support 720p or 1080i in the PS2 to 1080p in the PS3 as well as 3D and even multiscreen gaming to offering HDR and VR (limited) options with PS4 and some enhancements with PS4 PRO. As a software title (on a console) it has always had visual technical achievements over other titles.

We do not know how far this title is from launch with what we have seen and I certainly do not see it happening for at least a year. Yet even already people questioned RT being used on what will be a flagship title on a console advertised to offer RT and some have even scoffed at the system being able to do 4k 60Hz. Not all titles will be 60Hz but I bet it can improve over the PS4 and manage native 4K.

Clearly it has a new custom GPU design and RT that is being done in a different way to RTX, yet some people questioned if this title even used RT. How well its implemented (who knows) but show me another racing title that uses it with 4K and proper HDR lighting, saying as ACC/Nvidia duped everyone with RTX and it appears nothing is coming from that.

Its quite likely that GT7 or FM8 on their new respective consoles will be the first major use of RT we see in a racing/simcade title. Early days yet but I have to laugh at the skepticism or negativity rather than optimism from some.

Last edited:
What are you talking about, these consoles are a major step up from current offerings.

Clearly GT7 is going to look better than GT Sport as the differences in each system are quite a lot and visually how does GT Sport already stack up to most PC titles?

Every GT on the PS platform has utilized the capabilities of each console rather well so I very much expect GT7, especially from a visual perspective will too. May I remind you that from being able to support 720p or 1080i in the PS2 to 1080p in the PS3 as well as 3D and even multiscreen gaming to offering HDR and VR (limited) options with PS4 and some enhancements with PS4 PRO. As a software title (on a console) it has always had visual technical achievements over other titles.

We do not know how far this title is from launch with what we have seen and I certainly do not see it happening for at least a year. Yet even already people questioned RT being used on what will be a flagship title on a console advertised to offer RT and some have even scoffed at the system being able to do 4k 60Hz. Not all titles will be 60Hz but I bet it can improve over the PS4 and manage native 4K.

Clearly it has a new custom GPU design and RT that is being done in a different way to RTX, yet some people questioned if this title even used RT. How well its implemented (who knows) but show me another racing title that uses it with 4K and proper HDR lighting, saying as ACC/Nvidia duped everyone with RTX and it appears nothing is coming from that.

Its quite likely that GT7 or FM8 on their new respective consoles will be the first major use of RT we see in a racing/simcade title. Early days yet but I have to laugh at the skepticism or negativity rather than optimism from some.
Going to look better...
tenor.gif

See, that's all the PS5 has going for it. RTX, HDR, and "a bit more power". We have yet to see how it performs in 4k or vr and i still think GT7 looked almost the same to GT sport.

See, that's all the PS5 has going for it. RTX, HDR, and "a bit more power". We have yet to see how it performs in 4k or vr and i still think GT7 looked almost the same to GT sport.

Yes It will look better and sound better with the new features the console has, thats before taking into account the systems other main hardware or benefits. So it will be better than what PS owners already have.

If you guys want to ignore that and just moan or put it down, then go right ahead. I dont excpect the game to dramatically change in handling but some people want GT to become something it never has been.

Yes It will look better and sound better with the new features the console has, thats before taking into account the systems other main hardware or benefits. So it will be better than what PS owners already have.

If you guys want to ignore that and just moan or put it down, then go right ahead. I dont excpect the game to dramatically change in handling but some people want GT to become something it never has been.
No, what im trying to say, and you seem to gladly ignore it just to find an argument, is that the ps5 isn't enough of a leap to justify a new console, or that they are doing R&D on the wrong sections for it. As nice as the specs are it feels like a PS4 PRO + more like a proper new console.

No, what im trying to say, and you seem to gladly ignore it just to find an argument, is that the ps5 isn't enough of a leap to justify a new console, or that they are doing R&D on the wrong sections for it. As nice as the specs are it feels like a PS4 PRO + more like a proper new console.

I'm not ignoring anything, dude, you make stupid comments or claims.

I just don't agree with this perspective and you give no data that shows it is the case. Show US why you have that view or back it up.

I see plenty of people excited for the console. How it sells from launch will likely depend on its price more than by what you say in that is isnt enough of a technological leap. It's probably the biggest leap we have seen in a long time.

Most PC gamers do not have a (10TF) 1080ti type level of performance GPU and that's not even taking into account the benefits developers can work better with a fixed platform, improvements in game design/development (like Unreal engine) and the new features these latest GPU will offer with the improved architecture in efficiency these next-gen consoles achieve.

Below is an example of why I don't agree with your views (even if TF performance) is not the only important factor. Most PS owners that upgrade will be standard console owners. Yet how you say "it isn't enough of a leap" seems different to what lots of others are thinking or the numbers reflect.

Even sales of the PS4PRO with the little improvement it brought still sold quite well which goes against your given perspective. I challenge you to show in PC hardware terms what hardware jump and how many would be needed to get a similar % of the increase in performance from a standard PS4 to a PS5.

PS4/Xbox standard, owners are in for a very big jump in performance and still a 2x + performance jump for those that own the higher tier models with PS/Xbox systems if they move to these next-gen systems. They also get much more for their money than PC gamers do with the price of GPU increasing and possibly a 30% increase being a typical shift in performance in new hardware.

• PS4 (Standard): 1.84 teraflops
  • PS4 Pro: 4.2 teraflops
  • Xbox One (Standard): 1.31 teraflops
  • Xbox One S: 1.4 teraflops
  • Xbox One X: 6 teraflops

Last edited:
I'm not ignoring anything, dude, you make stupid comments or claims.

I just don't agree with this perspective and you give no data that shows it is the case. Show US why you have that view or back it up.

I see plenty of people excited for the console. How it sells from launch will likely depend on its price more than by what you say in that is isnt enough of a technological leap. It's probably the biggest leap we have seen in a long time.

Most PC gamers do not have a (10TF) 1080ti type level of performance GPU and that's not even taking into account the benefits developers can work better with a fixed platform, improvements in game design/development (like Unreal engine) and the new features these latest GPU will offer with the improved architecture in efficiency these next-gen consoles achieve.

Below is an example of why I don't agree with your views (even if TF performance) is not the only important factor. Most PS owners that upgrade will be standard console owners. Yet how you say "it isn't enough of a leap" seems different to what lots of others are thinking or the numbers reflect.

Even sales of the PS4PRO with the little improvement it brought still sold quite well which goes against your given perspective. I challenge you to show in PC hardware terms what hardware jump and how many would be needed to get a similar % of the increase in performance from a standard PS4 to a PS5.

PS4/Xbox standard, owners are in for a very big jump in performance and still a 2x + performance jump for those that own the higher tier models with PS/Xbox systems if they move to these next-gen systems. They also get much more for their money than PC gamers do with the price of GPU increasing and possibly a 30% increase being a typical shift in performance in new hardware.

• PS4 (Standard): 1.84 teraflops
  • PS4 Pro: 4.2 teraflops
  • Xbox One (Standard): 1.31 teraflops
  • Xbox One S: 1.4 teraflops
  • Xbox One X: 6 teraflops
You're talking about PC comparision and sales that i have never even hinted at? What are you talking about?

You're talking about PC comparision and sales that i have never even hinted at? What are you talking about?

1080Ti was a graphics monster on PC bringing decent 4K 60Hz performance and still is a great card, ohh but no, no, no if a PS5 console has a similar level of raw GPU performance then according to you its not a big enough leap over the current consoles.

Its quite clear what I was talking about, was in reference to you saying PS5 isn't a big enough leap.
Like I said,explain how that is the case as why you see it like that, as it just seems stupid to say such

Last edited:
1080Ti was a graphics monster on PC bringing decent 4K 60Hz performance and still is a great card, ohh but no, no, no if a PS5 console has a similar level of raw GPU performance then according to you its not a big enough leap over the current consoles.

Its quite clear what I was talking about, was in reference to you saying PS5 isn't a big enough leap.
Like I said,explain how that is the case as why you see it like that, as it just seems stupid to say such
My friend this game is gonna suck BIG time! Stop looking for excuses to make it feel better, cause it won't!
It should go straight to Android or iOs.

My friend this game is gonna suck BIG time! Stop looking for excuses to make it feel better, cause it won't!
It should go straight to Android or iOs.

What a comedian and thanks for the advice and your concerns (friend).

Actually, I'd expect it to be similar to other GT games, if people enjoy them then they will likely enjoy this one too.
Your another one making stupid and smart ass remarks, "Android or iOS", oh gees my ribs are sore from the laughter, :(

Obviously it appears, if some try to show an interest or positivity with GT's announcement and show a sign of joy or expectations of it arriving. Never mind it possibly improving in any way with what the new hardware brings, this should not be allowed, we should be actively negative, criticize and moan, gloat at or irritate anyone that just might be here in this thread with a genuine interest in the title. Afterall, its just a silly console game.

Now I get it...

Last edited:

I mean in the way that i think the PS5 should have worked more for the CPU instead, or at least worked from the getgo to be a VR centered system.

or at least worked from the getgo to be a VR centered system.

I'm kinda waiting to see how this aspect pans out with the PS5. Since I never got the pro, the PS5 will still represent a reasonable step up for me in performance, so I'll at least get the rev2 for normal games. For racing though it's another matter; after being teased with GT:S and the PSVR, I ended up getting a PC to fill the void of proper racing in VR once I heard the PSVR2 would be released a fair bit further down the line, so now I'm in wait and see mode for the PSVR2 and GT7 (because I cannot see me racing non-VR for the foreseeable future)

I have to say though, from my perspective of using both the PSVR and the HP Reverb, I think Sony have done a commendable job with their VR system. It might seem like a load of faff and the controller tracking is not the best, but you have to spend an awful lot more money on PC to get better tracking and my experience has been there is a bucket load more faff on PC! :). For reference, my whole PC setup cost over 3x that of the equivalent PS+PSVR

Will it entice me back from PC for racing? Not sure, but I'll be monitoring closely. For all it's faults (and there are plenty!), I still found GT:S an absolute blast and I got a lot more actual racing done in it than I seem to get to do in iRacing or AC; my rig isn't up to running ACC in VR, so I cannot comment on that one, but I have heard it might be a comparable on-line experience

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%