GT6 Gran Turismo 6 update includes free Nissan GTR-LM and Peugeot Vision GT

Peugeot Vision GT Gran Turismo 6.jpg

Polyphony Digital has updated Gran Turismo 6 to version 1.19 adding two new cars to the Sony-exclusive title: the Peugeot Vision GT and the Nissan GTR-LM.

The Nissan GTR-LM NISMO is a free gift car that can be unlocked by completing the fourth round of this year's GT Academy.

As usual with the Vision GT cars, this one is a futuristic-looking concept car created by the car manufacturer (Peugeot in this case) exclusively for Gran Turismo. The car is presented as a "hyper efficient endurance car", with almost no aerodynamic elements; it's a rear-engined beast with 874BHP.

The Peugeot Vision GT looks pretty slick, certainly the right car to buy your everyday groceries, and you can watch an introduction trailer right here:

My ps3 died an year ago.
Sometimes, if I try to turn it on a couple of times (more than 15 :p) it starts.

I think GT5 and 6 (didn't play gt3 or 4, just 1 and 2 on ps1) was a major let down, but there are some things I like in the game, one of them are the quality of car models and doing some hot lap. Racing is the problem for me, even on line I rarely found a good bunch of people to race (I can't join a league 'cause it's difficult for me to say I will be on line that day in that time).

But sometimes I want to play it, just to see how this car (and the lmp2) feels. Maybe I will try to turn my ps3 on this night.

If a Gran Turismo update falls in a forest, and no one is around to see it, does anyone care?:roflmao:

If you haven't seen it, have a gander at the new SRT Tomahawk lapping Laguna Seca in a very, very sloppy lap in under 1 minute. I remember when the modding/hacking craze was in full swing and people were apoplectic when 2000-3000 hp cars first appeared and now they accept the same completely ridiculous type of car because it's a "VGT". Most of the sim racing world is moving towards simulation, while PD moves ever closer to Wipeout territory:laugh:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%