GT5 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

I guess that every PS owner had played one of the Gran Turismo games before...

To me personally, I got in touch with the GT series on the good old PS1 with Gran Turismo 2. I've played litteraly for over hundreds of hours of the game and I couldn't get enough ! After that, I got myself a PS2, together with GT3... There I've also spend many many hours. But never got to the full 100% (not in any GT game). It's just a very fun game to play.
After GT3 there was long time no GT for me, but then GT4 came !!! Man was that a game ... Graphics are really good (for PS2 standards).

Lately I've got myself a PS3 and I've immediatly downloaded the GT5 demo on the PlayStation Network ! and I couldn't believe my eyes !! Soo good looking :laughing: I'm currently somwhet of 30th on a ranking of the Mitsubishi Lancer Time Trial, so I'm happy with that :happy:

Only downside on the GT series is that there is no damage :frustrating: But if everything goes well, the full version GT5 will have a damage model for each car !!! So I can't wait !

• Xane

I've thought about going to rFactor but in order for me to do that I would have to spend twice as much as just waiting to GT5. So I went for the PS3, which all in all is not that expensive. Considering that it is a Blu-ray player too, along with the fact that you could put linux on it and basically make it into a computer too.

• phosphor112

anyone know, how many cars there are on track in GT5?

thanks

I read about 700 with body damage. And of course, Ferrari is in there now (as you can see in the demo)

EDIT: My bad, someone responded to the question and put 16..as in how many cars can be in a race. I was thinking how many cars are on track to being in GT5 when it is released..and that number is 700..or so I read on some racing site..don't remember which one.

700 cars in total in GT4, I'd imagine at least 1000 in GT5. Yes, body damage has been announced to be in GT5 (and maybe in GT5:p as DLC, if we're lucky).

We can expect it Winter '09. It was said to have been delayed a year as of last Winter.

• Bert Van Waes

Yep, at least 900+ cars will be in.

Body damage has been confirmed, but not on all cars.
Racecars will definately have body damage, but the normal streetcars are still a doubt. And showing some damage on a rally car helped the thought it will only be for racecars...

But still, guys. Have a month of patience and than we will know so much more!

Kazunori's vision is almost upon us!:male-fighter2:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years