GT5 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

I guess that every PS owner had played one of the Gran Turismo games before...

To me personally, I got in touch with the GT series on the good old PS1 with Gran Turismo 2. I've played litteraly for over hundreds of hours of the game and I couldn't get enough ! After that, I got myself a PS2, together with GT3... There I've also spend many many hours. But never got to the full 100% (not in any GT game). It's just a very fun game to play.
After GT3 there was long time no GT for me, but then GT4 came !!! Man was that a game ... Graphics are really good (for PS2 standards).

Lately I've got myself a PS3 and I've immediatly downloaded the GT5 demo on the PlayStation Network ! and I couldn't believe my eyes !! Soo good looking :laughing: I'm currently somwhet of 30th on a ranking of the Mitsubishi Lancer Time Trial, so I'm happy with that :happy:

Only downside on the GT series is that there is no damage :frustrating: But if everything goes well, the full version GT5 will have a damage model for each car !!! So I can't wait !

Find the energy to lifting out the playseat to the livingroom, and for now i have a ticket to the swedish final (Dubai here i come :D) at 16th place but beeing over a sec behind im not pleased yet.

Any body knows how to remap the buttons so the handbrake can beeing set as a button on the wheel? (im using a G25)

Got an answer at PS3 forum if anybody intrested

"If you go on to the wheel config you can actually use the GT FORCE Pro to map buttons for G25. Just got to R2 and change it to handbrake and that'll make it the right hand button on the G25 wheel. GT FORCE Pro is the third option along, second is the New GT with red dial, first is the basic FFB setting for all wheels. It may work on other wheels supported but I haven't checked."

Prologue Middle East Challenge Winners

Just wanted to say congratulations to Ahmad El Azmi of Kuwait who came out the fastest out of 10,000 drivers in the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Middle East Challenge 2008. Preliminary races took place in the middle east during June and early July, with finalists being invited to Dubai for the final showdown. He won a bag load of prizes including a trip to Japan to test drive a Nissan GT-R, a “GT Racing Pod”, 40″ Bravia LCD TV, and a new PS3. Lucky guy... :thumb:

August 1st Update Available

Well I am gonna assume the new update is out since it's August first now.

The update features major new features such as the much talked about Gran Turismo which features a host of pre-recorded shows, mostly about racing and even includes some Top Gear episodes. The shows are $0.99 each for the first two weeks (special intro price). Also there are a few physics tweaks which improve car collision effects, a wider range of tires and and improved penalty system, as well as a few other things.

Lotus Evora Coming to GT Prologue

Gran Turismo Prologue owners will soon be able to get their hands on the Lotus Evora in a soon to be released update. The funny thing is, the car is not available for sale in real life just yet. It was first previewed at the British International Motor Show but will not go on sale until 2009. Only 2000 of these rear wheel drive, mid engine machines will be produced at BP 50,000. The Ferrari California is another example of an available GT5 car that is not yet for sale.

Attachments

• lotusevora_01.jpg
    lotusevora_01.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 202
  • lotusevora_02.jpg
    lotusevora_02.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 251
  • lotusevora_03.jpg
    lotusevora_03.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 186
  • lotusevora_04.jpg
    lotusevora_04.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 174
  • lotusevora_05.jpg
    lotusevora_05.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 186
  • lotusevora_06.jpg
    lotusevora_06.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 195
GT TV is now offering some free content on the system. It’s the “Intro” to the Top Gear seasons available for sale, showing the season highlights. So if you are too cheap to purchase the shows or just want to ensure you get your money’s worth for any Top Gear purchases, check it out now. Also Polyphony has published the in-game video of the Ferrari California.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%