GT5 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

I guess that every PS owner had played one of the Gran Turismo games before...

To me personally, I got in touch with the GT series on the good old PS1 with Gran Turismo 2. I've played litteraly for over hundreds of hours of the game and I couldn't get enough ! After that, I got myself a PS2, together with GT3... There I've also spend many many hours. But never got to the full 100% (not in any GT game). It's just a very fun game to play.
After GT3 there was long time no GT for me, but then GT4 came !!! Man was that a game ... Graphics are really good (for PS2 standards).

Lately I've got myself a PS3 and I've immediatly downloaded the GT5 demo on the PlayStation Network ! and I couldn't believe my eyes !! Soo good looking :laughing: I'm currently somwhet of 30th on a ranking of the Mitsubishi Lancer Time Trial, so I'm happy with that :happy:

Only downside on the GT series is that there is no damage :frustrating: But if everything goes well, the full version GT5 will have a damage model for each car !!! So I can't wait !

I'm now in S class. I need to do 3 events, but they are damn hard if you are playing with the controller. I really need to find some space in the livingroom and install my G25 for an afthernoon....

4WD cars are quite drivable without TC and on professional mode, but beasts like Ferrari 430, Ford GT or Elise 111R /tuned :p are incredibly hard, and I must drive them with TC and ABS with physics on standard mode.... :eek:

Well, even the corvette is hard to master, even with a wheel, and one dissapointment in this game is onlineracing, the slipstreaming is to good and everybody is driving like its demolitionderby out there, i just hope damage and longer races will come on later, but still i havent finished the A-class so maybe when allowed to race in the tuning level maybe the races will be longer, anybody know?

• SniperZA

Yeah, expert races are 5 laps - still too short imo - also the expert races still use standard physics :( - hopefully there are some professional physics servers, I've just missed them.

I really like the P.P system - being about to beef up a car like a Focus or detune an F430 is very cool - I've already had lots of close races on Expert servers against wildly different cars :D

Chris

Bahh, just cant help it, i really dont like the feeling in the game, cant feel were the grip are :( or is it something funny with my ff, sometimes beeing on the curbs there is no whatsoever ff in the wheel. And its anoying that the steering degree cant be adjusted, its hard to turn the wheel 2 laps, but maybe the game isent made for G25.

• Darron Miller

this is very good with a wheel but i suck at using the pad........no where to set wheel up doh

be good when they patch it for us to host private servers

Update: We all knew (or didn't we) that Polyphony has an agreement with BBC's TopGear TV show. This brings ideas up for the GT TV option in the new Gran Turismo-games. Well, the first episode of the new 6th season is nog available on the (Japanese) GT TV Channel.

It won't be long before the European/American versions will follow.

[BREAKING NEWS] GT5: Prologue Damage Model on the way !!!

The God of Gran Turismo Kazunori Yamauchi has affirmed that there will be a big update for GT5: Prologue, this year ! This update will excist of many things, including an extended damage model that we still had to miss in the GT Series.

Nest to the damage model, another thing that the fans might like: an update for the online part of GT5: Prologue, whihc has to make it better.

A release dat is not yet known, but it is in 2008 !

[Source: 9lives]

Welcome to the GT-forums !

Hi there fellow GT Fans,

Welcome to the brand new forum, especially meant for the Gran Turismo Series on the PlayStation Platform.
Here you are free to discuss this award winning title ad much as you like. Next to that, any news that can be intresting for the players of GT, will be posted here ASAP.

Well, I hope you all will enjoy this new forum part and start the discussions !!!

Greetings,
RD Staff

• Darron Miller

be nice to get a few private races in soon as gt 5 gets patched....saves getting killed by the rammers..

ive played all the gt games since the ps1 and so far im loving this one and really looking forward to the full game when it lands

Ohh this is sooo funny :) I'm currently driving the Pro events online, and on Daytona it's so wonderful :) I'm driving a Ferrari F430, and I always win ... Mwuahahaha... Sometimes they even try to ram me of the road into the grass right before the finish, but still I win! I'm so happy when they ram someone of, to win, and they don't ... :)

Well I hope to see you online soon, so I can kick your asses :)

GT Academy - Win a racing seat in a GT for Dubai 2009

Check it out at Sony GT5/GT Academy/Language

Industry leaders PlayStation and Nissan have come together to create the ultimate competitive driving test – GT Academy. GT Academy is an eight-month European competition which combines virtual and real-life racing to make the wildest dreams of two aspiring race drivers come true.

Attachments

• GT Academy 1.jpg
    GT Academy 1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 261

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back