GT5 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

I guess that every PS owner had played one of the Gran Turismo games before...

To me personally, I got in touch with the GT series on the good old PS1 with Gran Turismo 2. I've played litteraly for over hundreds of hours of the game and I couldn't get enough ! After that, I got myself a PS2, together with GT3... There I've also spend many many hours. But never got to the full 100% (not in any GT game). It's just a very fun game to play.
After GT3 there was long time no GT for me, but then GT4 came !!! Man was that a game ... Graphics are really good (for PS2 standards).

Lately I've got myself a PS3 and I've immediatly downloaded the GT5 demo on the PlayStation Network ! and I couldn't believe my eyes !! Soo good looking :laughing: I'm currently somwhet of 30th on a ranking of the Mitsubishi Lancer Time Trial, so I'm happy with that :happy:

Only downside on the GT series is that there is no damage :frustrating: But if everything goes well, the full version GT5 will have a damage model for each car !!! So I can't wait !

Ahh this sucks, preorderd it and now its posponed until 04/07 , i tried to cancel the order but dont know if it will work, and now i have seen it in local stores.

Well if i havent got any answer before friday i will buy it anyway and have 2 copies, maybe its good to have a backup ;)

The worst part is that thay haven send away my playseat becouse they are waiting to sent everything at once :(

I really like the new physics engine! :D

I've only tried Proffesional mode ofcourse :cool:, and I think the main good points are that the tires and suspension feel very 'alive'. I've been able to pull of some nice drifts and it felt really natural for me.

The graphics, well, it's like on the screens: beautyfull. And then I haven't even played it in HD yet. But I'll try to go to my mum this weekend so I can play on a Bravia.

The Ai is still quite easy, so I hope they will include something like a easy, medium and hard mode for that in the full version or in a update.

My fastest car is the Nissan GT-R '07. But the Suzuki Cappuchino is also a lot of fun. The Suzuki is a lot of fun drifting at low speeds, and the GT-R is great fun drifting at Daytona Oval with 300 kmph :p

There is some kinda update that I need to install, but there is something wrong with my connection, so I haven't tried online mode yet. But I'll try to fix it now.

Sven, what is your PSN name?

Ben: I've added you already, since you are Ben797... But mine is MrMystic :)

About the update: There is nothing wrong with your connection, but it just keeps cancelling all time... Probably overload :)

About the online mode, I can be short: you ened to fulfill all Class A Events first :) So I'm not there yet... :(

Yes I've accepted you :)

The update finally worked for me this afthernoon, and eventhough I haven't finished all Class A events, I was able to do an online race.

It was ok.

The RWD supercars are really hard to drive OMG.

In that race on Daytona Roadcourse with the 430, that you need to overtake everyone in 1 lap is just so crazyly hard. I cut everywhere I can, use cars as brake whenever possible and still I only managed to win it once with a gap of 0.4 s over the 2nd car.

The Ford GT is also really crazy. It goes 310 kmph in 5th gear :cool:

Wohoo now the gear is in place and have been tryed out, its damn hard to drive manual H-shift and with clutch, but still havent have time to clear all the events in A-class so the fun can begin becouse driving around in standard cars wasent so fun or maybe its me who dont like the feeling of it, but i hope it will get better when you can finetune the car and then maybe get some more grip or feeling in it.

I managed to race online without completing the A-class as well??

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%