GT5 Gran Turismo 5 E3 2009 trailer

Nascar, WRC, GT's, road cars, and what's that thing at 1.45? Le Mans racers? And you can crash them all? Well, my PS2 is getting rather old, but the financial input to upgrade myself to the HD era (PS3 + Big HD screen) is the blocking factor :(
For GT3 I bought a PS2, and when GT4 came out I bought a new TV (classic crt, but now at least I had coloured cars to look at). Now having to buy them both for GT5 will be difficult as the misses prefers a (who wonders) Wii

• burtt9

yea but youre not going to see gt5, well anytime to soon to never. no release date again, the last one they did never even came out (gt4 psp) so it is just a cgi video right now.

It is just rumours on the release date but the latest date was around spring 2010 which isn't that far away. In case you missed it GT was announced for the PSP at the same conference, it is coming just as GT5 is as we can already play a portion of it in GT5 Prologue and from that we know those visuals seen in the video are capable of being produced by the game engine. I suspect the video was using the same kind of scripted game engine segments Turn 10 used to show Forza 3.

• Antoine Morin

Cool I see some interesting Track ... Nordz !!! ( @ 1.44 and 1.46) The 1 45 track dont speak to me but the cars look great ! And if the damages are like that, it will calm down the Online drivers ^^. A bad jump and the car is damaged, realistic no ?

actually PD featured once already a Nascar car in one of the GT series (GT2 if not mistaken with Mark Martin's nr 6 Valvoline car back then)

I know that EA lost the NASCAR license of publishing exclusive NASCAR tittles a month or 2 ago....
so it may have been that NASCAR just got wiser and decided to spread their licens
(If PD paid a lot of money.....maybe they do have it as GT series sold really really well around the world...but then again this is my (maybe dumb) opinion :))

Dale Earnhardt Jnr has been saying that NASCAR is wising up to the limitations of exclusive deals and how they can broaden the coverage by allowing different developers like Polyphony and iRacing to license the cars and tracks etc.

I just hope they do the online properly and allow private lobby's so you can race against friends.

That is the biggest problem for me with GT5P at the moment. Online is just appalling, from no private lobbies to the unfathomable catch up that drivers at the back get, they simply must change the online. And if they don't hurry and get it out of the door they are going to be left behind. When GT5P came out we were all wowed by the visuals as it was so far ahead of anything available on console at the time, but now with FM3 and Shift looking nearly as good another year for GT5 seems like a very long time. I have heard a Sony rep say in interview that they hope to get it out before the end of the year but he didn't sound convinced himself never mind us lol.

That is the biggest problem for me with GT5P at the moment. Online is just appalling, from no private lobbies to the unfathomable catch up that drivers at the back get, they simply must change the online. And if they don't hurry and get it out of the door they are going to be left behind. When GT5P came out we were all wowed by the visuals as it was so far ahead of anything available on console at the time, but now with FM3 and Shift looking nearly as good another year for GT5 seems like a very long time. I have heard a Sony rep say in interview that they hope to get it out before the end of the year but he didn't sound convinced himself never mind us lol.

The online was dissapointing and they must certainly improve it but graphics wise GT5 is still well above the competition. The old saying "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" rings true with Forza graphically, seeign those static shots of the Audi's on the mountainous track reminded me of GT5P Eiger Nordwand. As I said previously the latest it was expected was spring 2010 but many still believe it will see a 2009 release. Either way its not that far off.

• holmglen03

December 2009 has been the main date flowing around for a long time now, I'm still feeling confident about that, but I want to see lobbies for online, and preferably catch up will be removed as well.

Kazunori Yamauchi has today said that GT5 is “at a point we can release it any time we want” so maybe that 2009 release could become reality. Remember there are more shows coming up and they will have announcements for those shows too so who knows

Link

Kazunori Yamauchi has today said that GT5 is “at a point we can release it any time we want”
That just means they have a publishing agreement that gives them control over the date, but it could be that the game would be bad if they released it now :p If the game was competitive then there's no way they'd let MS grab all the headlines with an unchallenged FM3 release - all the racing fans would go out and buy into a competitors system.

That just means they have a publishing agreement that gives them control over the date, but it could be that the game would be bad if they released it now :p If the game was competitive then there's no way they'd let MS grab all the headlines with an unchallenged FM3 release - all the racing fans would go out and buy into a competitors system.

To say it would be bad if released now completely ignores the fact that we have GT5 Prologue which works great and had a minute fraction of the issues RACE Pro had which was released in a broken state. While he obviously isn't going to release it right now I do respect his stance of not being forced into a release date based on what the competitors are doing. The Gran Tursimo series has always been a series of very polished products and they do take the time to add that polish - something EA has recently spoken about and sadly something Simbin could learn from considering the woeful release they inflicted on users. With Forza 3 and GT5 on the horizon its going to be a great year for console racers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 112 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 211 14.3%