GT5 Gran Turismo 5: Corvette C7 Prototype DLC

Chevrolet and Polyphony Digital announced their collaboration on the 2013 C7 Corvette Prototype, whose real-life counterpart will be unveiled in January 2013, and subsequent release of free DLC for Gran Turismo 5 today at the Los Angeles International Auto Show.

[youtube]

During the creation of the virtual Corvette prototype, careful attention was paid to the tiniest details from the creases and wrinkles in the soft camouflage used to disguise the new design to specific driving characteristics that are currently being tuned and refined ahead of the vehicle’s official debut in January.

Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Global Marketing, on making the car available in Gran Turismo 5:
Until now, only the most skilled drivers on the Corvette team have been authorized to push the test prototypes to the limits on some of the most challenging track surfaces in the world. Through this unique collaboration with Gran Turismo, Chevrolet is able, for the first time, to give performance car enthusiasts access to such an exclusive driving experience.​

All six previous generations of the Corvette and lots of their race versions have been made available throughout the lifespan of the Gran Turismo series. The camouflaged Corvette C7 Test Prototype is available on the PSN Store at no cost starting today and will remain available for free.

Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital, on the announcement:
Gran Turismo has had many firsts and we're excited to partner with Chevrolet for yet another – bringing the first-ever Chevrolet prototype vehicle into a racing game. As car enthusiasts, we're thrilled to give fans this extraordinary level of access to the seventh generation Corvette that otherwise would not be possible.​

[gallery]

[source: Gran Turismo]
View the Post on the Blog

Just checked and it's there - might be because PSN didn't update the store until later that night. :)

I just can't get it in-game. PSN Store says "No download available" and even the in-game DLC list doesn't list it. It's not in the car exchange either.

12:04 CET: available now.

Car is amazing to drive:
GT5C7003.jpg

Hmmmmmmm... not my idea of flashy marketing or a worthwhile intro to a car.

How about a nice Chevrolet sponsored track and the finished car in GT5 as soon as it is unveiled?

Giving us access to a car covered in rags with made up physics. I think if I just drive the C6 with 'sports suspension' and 'exhaust mod' and use my imagination I will get the same experience :D

Dave

OH MAN! WHY?! I just traded this game in for in store credit to get different games :mad:

I hope I can still find a good GT5 used one for cheap.

So i take it GT5 is the benchmark on console racing sim until a next gen console comes out then GT6 will be on the works.

I hope I can still find a good GT5 used one for cheap.

So i take it GT5 is the benchmark on console racing sim until a next gen console comes out then GT6 will be on the works.

Should be able to buy GT5 very cheaply now as it has been out 2 years now :)

And yes GT5 is the benchmark on consoles other racing sim titles such as Forza are very close to GT5 but as you mentioned untill the next gen consle comes out GT5 and the Gran Turismo Series will be the benchmark

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back