GT5 Gran Turismo 5 Car Setups

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
In this thread you can voice your requests for setups. RaceDepartment will of course provide the community with a wide variety of high quality setups for Gran Turismo 5.

Setups for sim racers by sim racers :thumb:

I tried lots of tests last year with ride heights after hearing about this "backwards" issue. I never did get my head around it properly, but it was clear that adjusting only ride heights caused the physics to react in an unusual way. It was also hard to ignore that some drivers really got to grips with this unusual effect and got some amazing lap times. I never managed to make it all work for me though.

The oversteer and understeer characteristics I iron out with spring rates, dampers, ARB's, camber, toe, LSD and brake balance. I find it much easier to target the handling characteristics I want by using all of the other components, and simply use ride height to provide the amount of suspension travel needed to let those characteristics happen and keep my tyres in contact with the ground. That always results in having a slightly raised rear end for me, as you might expect to see in the real world. Coincidence perhaps, but my feeling is that this is how the ride height model was intended to work. Take the model outside of this window and it provides a different effect. I dunno. Whatever works for you I suppose. I should add that I do quite like a lot of suspension travel front and rear for my driving style. More than average I think.

If memory serves, PD actually fixed the backwards ride height bug in one of the patches some time ago. They can't fix what isn't broken, so it must have existed! It never affected me though, to be honest. I'm really not into faffing about trying to find the perfect setup, so more often than not I just lower the car by the same amount on both ends to get the CoG down.

Dunno. Can't find anything about suspension updates with Google, but it did throw up this backwards discussion on other forums. Still seems a hot topic. There are little wars raging :confused: Do you not do much tuning Ross? I always thought you were into it more than me. I remember that TVR race we had last year and I couldn't get anything like the performance you got.

Dunno. Can't find anything about suspension updates with Google, but it did throw up this backwards discussion on other forums. Still seems a hot topic. There are little wars raging :confused:

Very hot debate. The thing which makes me laugh is that although loads of people were trying to test this, it was never actually confirmed one way or the other that there was in fact a bug at all. After testing myself I initially thought there was, but the more I drove the more I had doubts. Trouble is, most people's idea of testing is to take one car out on one track for five minutes. They get a bit of understeer with the front end lower than the back, and immediately start posting about the game being bugged. Trying a different car can often give completely different results. Was there a bug? Was it fixed? I think only PD know the answer, and they don't tell us anything.

Do you not do much tuning Ross? I always thought you were into it more than me. I remember that TVR race we had last year and I couldn't get anything like the performance you got.

I used to make an effort, but only rarely bother now. If there's a particularly obvious handling problem then I try and sort it out, but I don't try and perfect anything. My motivation for driving around a track on my own testing setups isn't what it once was, even less so now that there is no club racing for GT5.

I would really appreciate someone posting a good setup for the Ferrari F2007 for Cote d'Azur (monaco). My setup produces too much understeer, no matter what I try. I have managed to do a 1:14 something which got me to the brink of the top 1000 times. I know a better setup will enable to go quicker. Thanks in advance :)

i would like to help but i did that event with a default setup on the ferrari f10, i just went for the gold medal, i don't remind were i was on the time table, and i don't understand much about setups, but if it was me i would a) decrease front ride height b) increase front downforce or c) try to change suspension stiffnes and see if it solves the understeer problem.

sorry i couldn't help you out more :unsure:

Presuming no-one reads this thread but I guess it's worth a try. Anyone have a decent setup for the Mitsubishi Lancer Super Rally Car (03) for Toscana (Seasonal Event time trial)? I'm in the top 800 times but struggling with understeer and the front of the car keeps lifting uncontrollably on the second jump. I have a rough idea when it comes to setups on tarmac but I'm clueless when it comes to dirt... Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, Anyone have a decent setup for the Mitsubishi Lancer Super Rally Car (03) for Toscana (Seasonal Event time trial)? I'm in the top 800 times but struggling with understeer and the front of the car keeps lifting uncontrollably on the second jump. I have a rough idea when it comes to setups on tarmac but I'm clueless when it comes to dirt... Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi. I'm Okari, real name is Callum. This is my little garage, I will post setups for numerous cars and take requests from anyone and everyone.

I have this tune for a start.

Toyota 86 gt-sports
Tyres SM
Suspension (F. R)
Dampers (all) 6. 5
Roll bars 6. 4
Ride height -20. -15
Toe angles 0.02. 0.22
Camber 0.6. 0.6
Brake balance f8 r7
Drive train
Single plate clutch
Sport flywheel
Chassis
Weight stage 1
Carbon bonnet (not body colour)
Ballast pos. 50 amount. 59
Window weight reduction
Aero 0. 20
F. Type a. R. Type a. Wings. Type a
Ecu. Sport
Exhaust. Racing
IF NOT MENTIONED DON'T CHANGE!

Tuners comments.
A very stable, very quick little car. A low PP racer designed back in the days of 2.06, not sure if it still works but I'll post some more tomorrow.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%