GT5 Gran Turismo 5 Car Setups

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In this thread you can voice your requests for setups. RaceDepartment will of course provide the community with a wide variety of high quality setups for Gran Turismo 5.

Setups for sim racers by sim racers :thumb:

I request someone can make a setup that will fix the modern Lamborghini's and MR cars, so that they are actually realistically drivable without driving aids, i've always been useless at setups myself sadly. So requests!

Lamborghini Murcielago (4wd car that drives like an MR drift machine)
Bmw M3 Coupe (FR and wants to drift 24/7)

Can anyone help me with a set-up for IA-10 please. I can only get as high as 9th place on it and the car is extremely loose. I've tried every kind of setup I can throw at this car and all I can get is 9th.

Thank You

EDIT: Just a small note. I even tried to do what the example video shows before I tried this licence, and its a no go. My car just wont do what it shows in the example video.

Can anyone help me with a set-up for IA-10 please. I can only get as high as 9th place on it and the car is extremely loose. I've tried every kind of setup I can throw at this car and all I can get is 9th.

Thank You

EDIT: Just a small note. I even tried to do what the example video shows before I tried this licence, and its a no go. My car just wont do what it shows in the example video.

Expect you have done this by now. As question asked 2 weeks ago.
I struggled with this also, but managed to get a cup (all that was needed or me) by turning ON stabilty and skid recovery. Plus putting TCS to 1/ ABS to 1 . Which made the lambo much more controllable(surprisingly).
Hardest part is turn 1. Take it easy at turn 1 and blitz them the rest of the track.

My setting for Daytona Super-speedway (it may work for Indy Super Speedway):
Aerodynamic
Front / Rear
Minimum / Minimum

Transmition
Max Speed: 400 km/h (249 mph) (for race, you may want a higher setting, like 420/440 km/h DUE AERODYNAMIC BOOST)​

Suspension

Height
-10mm / -10 mm
Spring
18 / 18.1
Damper (extension)
6/7
Damper (Compression)
6/7
Anti-Roll Bars
6/7
Wheel Alignment (Front / Back)
Camber Angle
+3° / +2°
Toe Angle
-0.15 / 0.2

My best Time in Daytona Super Speedway with this setting, at free run mode was 38.5s with soft racing tires.

Didn't touched the LSD. for the Formula GT car.

I bought the 908 and tuned to >800 bhp. This thing is not drivable. Anybody have a good set up for it? I was able to tune the Raybrig NSX in one try which is a vehicle of the same configuration: MR. I can't get it to stop. I can't get it to turn. I can't get it to grip. I'd like to have this car so that it is easy to drive. I figure I spent a lot of credits on it. I'd like to use it to get those credits back at least. I would appreciate suspension settings, LSD settings, and brake bias settings, also downforce. Anything that will make this car drivable.

I've been messing around and came up with this. You'll have to change gearing(top speed)
for races during GT championship. here you go.

down force
F 70
R 90
Gear
top speed 242
LSD
15/45/55
suspension
height
5/5 10/10 for bumpy
spring rate 17.4/17.5
dampers E 8/8
dampers C 6/6
roll bars 7/7
camber angle F 2.0 R 1.0
Toe angle F 0.00 R -0.20
Brake balance 4/1
traction control 1
abs 1

\ mph's for GT champ..

Race 1 Fuji Speedway: 242
Race 2 Road Course - Indy: 236
Race 3 Cote d'Azur: 205 Remember to change after this race.
Race 4 Nurburgring GP/F: 223
Race 5 Monza: 236
Race 6 Suzuka: 236

hope this helps

I know alot of people are having trouble with this series, especially the Grand Valley and Daytona Races!

When I first tried this series, I hadn't changed many settings, just the downforce & max speed really and Bob was more than useless! coming 4th, 12th, 1st, 1st, 9th, placing him 2nd over all in the series!
Needless to say, not happy with that, I started playing with more setting and came up with the following settings. Now Bob drives the NASCAR like a seasoned vet and absolutely Walked the Races! Most notably the previously impossable, tyre shredding Grand Valley by just over 16 seconds and still with just under half his tyres left!!

Aero:
F: 30 R: 55 (For Oval Tracks)
F: 50 R: 70 (For Twisty Tracks)

LSD:
Initial: 20
Acc: 55
Braking: 25

Suspension:
Ride Height - F: 0 - R: -10
Springs - F: 18.4 - R: 16.5
Dampers (Ext) - F & R: 8
Dampers (Comp) - F & R: 6
Anti Roll Bars - F & R: 4
Camber - F: 1.0 - R: 0.9
Toe - F & R - 0.0

Brakes
F: 6 R: 5

Transmission:

Race 1: Indy @ 230mph.

Race 2: Grand Valley @ 199mph

Race 3: High Speed Ring @205mph

Race 4: Laguna Seca @ 168mph

Race 5: Daytona @ 230mph

Obviously, you still have to babysit him and give him the right commands at the right time, but this makes it so much easier.

A Tip for saving your tyres on Grand Valley, Get Bob into first place as quickly as possible while your tyres are at their best, then once in first, Cool Him Down!! I found keeping him between a quarter and half way into Hot (Red) worked perfectly (On the long straight you can hit Increase Pace but remember to bring him back down before the end!), he was no longer trying to be Drift King and actually took every turn like he was in a normal racing car which actually made him faster in the turns that the rest of the pack, enabling him to still pull ahead even though he wasn't running at his Hottest.

Anyay, hope this helps anyone stuck on these Races.

A notoriously tricky car to tame in GT5, here's my base layer setup for the NSX that gives a neutral balance on corner entry and exit. You can induce some manageable oversteer on corner exit if required with throttle control.

I've been racing the car in the racedepartment Japanese Sports car Club events, so it's "upgrades" have been picked to meet those regulations. However, you could use this setup with any non upgraded or highly upgraded car while you find your feet with it.

Power: 380bhp
Weight: 1270kg
Tyres: I've tested with Sports Medium up to Racing Hard.

No spoiler or wing upgrades.
Sports ECU
Racing Exhaust, Upgraded Manifold, upgraded catalytic
Intake, Upgraded, with racing filter
Double clutch plates, Sports flywheel, LSD

LSD (rear only) = Initial Torque 20, Acceleration 33, Braking 38
Ride Height = Front -16, Rear -16
Spring rate = Front 9.8, Rear 12.8
Damper extension = Front 8, Rear 8
Damper compression = Front 7, Rear 6
Anti-Roll bar = Front 4, Rear 4
Camber = Front 2.2, Rear 1.8
Toe = Front -0.14, Rear 0.06

For a more edgy race setup for those extra 10'ths (when you're used to the car), try dropping the ride height to -20 front and rear, and increase spring rate by 3.0 front and rear. Racing Hard tyres maybe a minimum here.

If you try the above, let me know what you think and what else you've done. Thanks :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back